Foxxes Goon

Foxx60

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An L16 will probably be pretty doggy in that 610. The 610 was larger, heavier, and geared differently than the 510. I bought a 610 wagon that had an L16 in it, but it wasn't running so I never got to see how slow it was. If it runs, drive it until you can source something that you REALLY want; don't just swap it because it's "not right".

The L16 was rated around 96 hp.  The L18 was rated around 105 hp.  And the L20B was rated around 110 hp.....  Just drive it like it is. 

If you want a little more pep and "direct" bolt-in; L20B.  If you want to "go-fast"; KA, SR, or VG. 

It's your time, your money.  Just remember, there isn't high value resale in a 610 goon.  A $250-$500 L20B swap might be worth 15 hp and keep you in resale territory.  $1500+ for any other swap, for 50-100hp gain... that's your call.

• Like 1

Right i'm okay with that but just as a quick reference to maintain a margin af fuel economy, how much horsies can I squeeze out of the L16

How much money you got?

Race engines "claim" 150hp - 200hp, but those aren't streetable, and they cost something like $3500.

By the time you swap the head, buy different induction and exhaust, you will have spent the same or more than what you could buy an L20B for, and swap it in.  And for what?  10-15hp?  I bought two L20B's recently.  I spent $150 for one, and $250 for the other...  I don't remember what the torque ratings are on these engines, but that's where the L20B will give you the most benefit, as it's basically a stroked L16.

Again, for now, drive it like it is and enjoy it for what it is.

• 1 year later...