Honey Bee; Stinger

Mikeystoy

Thanks!

We went to the in-laws for the holiday and after swapping out the radiator, thermo, and belt on my fatherinlaw's rubicon; I pulled the Stinger in and masked off the strobe stripe on the hood.

Came out pretty good.

5yuvj6.jpg

2u44m5h.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Been busy; Hobbesthecat hooked me up with Turbines and Cooper Cobras.

339n2td.jpg

Right front caliper was dragging, so I borrowed a blast cabinet and sandblasted them. Painted and new kits installed

Bearings packed and radius rod bushings replaced as well.

2lbcbpy.jpg

b7mlhl.jpg

I FINALLY got the roof stripped and coated in POR-15, I did the floor as well.

2z82fz5.jpg

24qseo7.jpg

2lu6es3.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Busted my ass today; pulled the 60 series 5 speed out of the cricket and swapped it for the 60 series 4 speed in the bee.

I had my spare A15 flywheel turned, but I'm dubious whether it was done right. When I got the 4speed out, I found the Bee had a brand new clutch! Which was odd due to the excessive chatter and difficulty getting it into gear. The flywheel looked perfect, the pressure plate looked perfect, the clutch lining looked perfect. However there was a spring halfway out and the plate hub was off center.

New luk clutch installed, filled with gl-4, and out. Test drive and pics tomorrow.

I FINALLY got the roof stripped and coated in POR-15, I did the floor as well.

24qseo7.jpg

2lu6es3.jpg

The roof looks like it came out really good. Is that two new pieces welded in the floorboard? I have some POR sitting around and need to do something similar with my floorboards.

• 2 months later...

Was looking at a Craigslist ad for a b2000 and spied another coupe. I stole it from pick and pull for $120, but it's absolute junk. It does have decent black interior, speedo, gx steering wheel, and mint tailights.

No he had made an appt with pnp for Tuesday. They were going to give him $130 for it. He sold it to me for $120 tonight.

I am going to use the cluster, steering wheel, black interior and maybe the chrome taillight surrounds.

Pinto was the best selling subcompact in USA. It also spawned the very successful Mustang II, so V8s fit pinto quite well. The were tough and long lasting didn't rust as bad as the competition. There were heavy so had a smoother ride.

They were also heavy so got lousy mileage compared to other similar sized cars. Got 25 mpg while the less expensive and more reliable Datsun 1200 got 38 MPG.