Its Datsun 910 day!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful car man. GET HER RUNNING AGAIN!!!!.

I like the mirror relocation.

Damn, I would not have sold those pedals!!!

I'm working on it haha, its not as easy for me to find a decent cheap L28 around here so im looking into swapping something else in it..

and yeah i was lucky to have owned a factory 5 speed 910 that got impounded and sent to the junk yard so i got the pedals from there.

but i am planning on getting a pedal box setup, and also it's hard to pass up a $235 profit hahah. bought for $15 sold for $250

Damn thats a few bucks!!. Of course you are gonna need to find a oil pan and pickup too to do the L28. But it shouldnt be too bad to find.

I already have 2 front sump pans and modified oil pickups from my last L28 swap lol, the problem is in my area (Kansas) i really haven't seen any 280zxs for cheap

THe brake pedal can be modded.So all you'd need is the clutch pedal.

yeahh but id rather just go all out and get a legit pedal setup instead of searching for another clutch pedal hahah, im also considering a RHD conversion so having a pedal box setup with reservoirs would make it easier

THe brake pedal can be modded.So all you'd need is the clutch pedal.

I tried this, there is no way it will work on a 910 easily. You would have to physically bend the bar into the right position after cutting the pedal down, then re-weld the pedal on in the right position.

You can however get JUST the pedal without swapping the whole steering column support.

Why convert to RHD? no seriously? Why?

You can buy a 910 for like a grand in Japan and ship it here for less than 2k.

Also, I am not a supporter of "RHD conversions" It just makes no sense to me, seems like a lot of work to have something not real.

I tried this, there is no way it will work on a 910 easily. You would have to physically bend the bar into the right position after cutting the pedal down, then re-weld the pedal on in the right position.

You can however get JUST the pedal without swapping the whole steering column support.

Why convert to RHD? no seriously? Why?

You can buy a 910 for like a grand in Japan and ship it here for less than 2k.

Also, I am not a supporter of "RHD conversions" It just makes no sense to me, seems like a lot of work to have something not real.

hmmm, never looked into importing one... if i could get one for less than 3k i totally would haha

as for the RHD conversion if i do, it will not be your typical firewall swap. instead i was thinking just make a hole on the right side for the column (and possibly fabbing my own steering column) and having the pedal box setup with reservoirs so i dont have to worry about mounting the master cylinders, brake booster and pedals...

Interesting. Well if you did that it is better that you have a manual, or pre 83, (I think)

The 83+ autos have a waay wider tranny tunnel, mainly n the drivers side, its really wierd. I had to make a custom cross member to mount my manual tranny in it.

The RHD dash would be the biggest pain in the ass. Everything underneath it is different. I noticed when I was looking at Shawk910's build, his is RHD. I noticed all his heater boxes, and hoses and everything under the dash is backwards, so its all designed backwards!, crazy.

But yeah, I have been looking into it, and I have seen not just one but two or 3 Nissan Bluebird 910 HARDTOP SEDANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!, on Yahoo Japan, and they always go for like a grand USD.  So shipping is the only obstacle at that point. I have even seen a Hardtop Coupe sell on there for stupid cheap.

Yeah mine is a '82 auto.. my auto crossmember barely fit with some force lol and i couldn't get all the bolts on

maybe one day hahah. i actually found a US 910 HARDTOP sedan body in Oaklahoma for sale, not sure if he still has it but i wish i had the money to pick it up! he was only asking around $1000 for 2 910's one being hardtop

WHHHHHHAAAAT!!!!!!!!! IN AMERICA ALREADY?????????

Can you send me a link? I may be very very interested in them if you arent.

it was actually on craigslist, i highly doubt the add is still up but i had him send me a pic

100_2726_zpsacdbab4e.jpg

very hard to see, but if you zoom in enough you can see the top is solid haha

As for the RHD dash problem i would basically fab my own dash, not planning on having a/c or heater or any of that so that part isn't a issue, I'll be making my own dash support bar and everything when i do my full cage, and im also planning on doing a complete re-wire of the car from scratch

Thats epic!

I was so confused when you said hardtop,lmao.

I thought you meant Pillarless hardtop, like this one (look at the b pillar), This is what I have found for a grand in Japan. You can find the regular sedan even cheaper, and the hardtop pillarless coupe for a little more than the hardtop.

Thats epic!

I was so confused when you said hardtop,lmao.

I thought you meant Pillarless hardtop, like this one (look at the b pillar), This is what I have found for a grand in Japan. You can find the regular sedan even cheaper, and the hardtop pillarless coupe for a little more than the hardtop.

hahah no, if it was i would have totally got the money and picked it up no hesitation hahaha

Hey guys. What do you think about this maxima? I am sure I can get a couple hundred knocked off right off the bat but just not very familiar with the value of these cars. 

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/4183072157.html

That's not a bad price for that clean of maxima if I had the money I would pick it up. As for value these cars it really depends on the seller these cars aren't too common and prices seem to be high and low in my experience there isn't much value in them as other datsuns but don't let it stop you there nice and fun cars to drive!

it has a new valve cover casket too!.

I would buy it probably, it looks really clean. I have been inside and out of my Maxima/910 and I would gladly go with you to take a look at it and give you my opinion. I am in Phoenix. PM me.

If you get one we will be THREE Maxima guys in the valley!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...