200sx

vern_k

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Maybe I missed it, but what is the drivetrain? It's clearly awd, but is it VQ or something else? Plans for the front suspension? I'm assuming you will be using 80s fwd maxima or something?

Cool build, I love s12s.

Very nice. I've been planning a similar idea for a someday build myself. I want to use a narrowed s13 complete rearend and suspension, and infiniti g20 front suspension. Together, they make a compact version of the GTR32 suspension package. I want to stuff it all under some 70s Datsun, but this idea is years in my future. I look forward to watching your progress.

How will you be controlling the center diff?

• Like 1

thought about the G20 (same hubs as the maxima) but didn't want to deal with the upper control arms and having to set up the mounts for them, was going to go with the S13 rear sub frame when this drivetrain was going into the S110 (before it burned) but since the S12 I got after that has IRS I am just going to make a mount for the short nose R200 and call it good.... I'm going to be getting the ETS pro for the central diff, already have a pump sittiing in a box so just have to get the ETS and wire it and have a hose made and a place to mount and since I'm trying to reuse as many parts to save money, I will be using the factory power steering reservoir for fluid for it, Have a manual rack so no worries about power steering parts  

http://www.full-race.com/store/r14-awd-skyline/ets-pro-center-diff-torque-split-controller-for-r32-r33-r34-skyline-gt-r-1.html   

http://responsetype.com/shop/gazelle-s12/adjustable-trailing-arm-conversion-kit-type-v1/    

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

don't think they will have to be replaced but will have to take them in, and the valve lash will be off so the buckets will have to be replaced..... really starting to think that this "good running engine" that replaced the 40K engine that got dropped during shipping that I paid for, wasn't that good running due to being beat on, and it's a good thing that I decided to do some work to it before I just put it in and started it........ not happy with Fever Racing at all, will never buy any thing from them again and would not recommend them to any one, with all the issues I have had with what I have dug into already almost don't want to know what I'm going to find when I get to the ECU and wiring...... 

we should check these out
20160131_164555.jpg
ok seems switch is in there

20160131_164615.jpg

wires run to here

20160131_164425.jpg

these seem to be in decent condition

20160131_1644411.jpg

I bet the issue is here

20160131_175642.jpg

well it seems my over all plan will work

20160131_173225.jpg