mikeanike99

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

56834A26-055F-4E75-8096-C7336A2530D4-374

D4F071E7-AD2A-45ED-9E0A-41F181CA82EC-374

I lowered the front of my truck all the way down to the bumb stops (gonna raise a little tomorrow so it has some suspension) and it has a lot of rake you can't really tell from the pics and she rides really ruff with no suspension travel. Any one got some 2 inch loweiring blocks and U bolts that they will sell me cheap cause I got no money (ps my b-day is soon tey would make a amazingly awesome gift).

• Like 1

I bet you can find your blocks on CL for cheap or at a swap meet or hotrod show even cheaper.

You can trim your bump stops to keep your ride height like it is if you like it.

Also, if you remove the bottom or 2nd from bottom leaf flip it over and bolt it on top it will flatten out the other springs and lower the back for free. Or just leave a leaf or two out and you'll get lower too but the rearend will be soft and bottom easy.

Oh and keep an eye on your tire wear, if your alignment is off from lowering, it'll eat tires fast.

I bet you can find your blocks on CL for cheap or at a swap meet or hotrod show even cheaper.

You can trim your bump stops to keep your ride height like it is if you like it.

Also, if you remove the bottom or 2nd from bottom leaf flip it over and bolt it on top it will flatten out the other springs and lower the back for free. Or just leave a leaf or two out and you'll get lower too but the rearend will be soft and bottom easy.

Oh and keep an eye on your tire wear, if your alignment is off from lowering, it'll eat tires fast.

Thanks for the tips but I think I will get some lowering blocks cause it is way easier and takes way less time although I might like the challenge of flipping the leafs.

Oh man... So many jokes and snide comments.......

ANYway, how about a Ratsun decal and maybe a red vinyl risin sun on the hood?

Two tone your wheel for rat/hotrod look. Maybe red and white or silver black or... Lose the caps and run chrome lugnuts. Or a themed lugnut

Raised white letters for your next tire set.

Pinstripe something, or maybe paint in the "bullet" body line with a different color and match that to those 2 tone wheels.

Make your exhaust exit somewhere new.

No bench, no buckets, sit on milk crates!

Longer shifter with a custom knob. Long like people behind can see the knob in the window.

So many possibilities!

These are all things I've been thinking of doing to my truck.

I think I'm going to get antique white vinyl bullets cut that will have Li'l Hustler cutouts (for body color letters) and do up my bullet side with that.

I bought both replacement fenders off rockauto.com for around $100 shipped. The driver side fender lined up and went on nice but the passenger fender required modification but it looked good when was done. Search for Nissan 620 as they don't have Datsun listed. Use promo code 6892D28E6E22 for 5% off.

• Like 1