Stolen Datsun 510

On Friday Afternoon between 5-5:45pm my 71 2 door was stolen from the Touchstone Climbing parking lot in Concord California (just outside of San Francisco).  The car now has fender mirrors not shown in the photo.  If anyone sees this please contact the police and notify them.  I would also appreciate a PM or reply if any sightings are made.  Plate number is 6JBW097

Sad panda. 

UPDATE:  Car has been found!  Hooray!

QLHOKGh.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This goes without saying, but we should all keep an eye on craigslist (like we already do). The thief might be stupid enough to post parts or the car itself for sale. I drove through Concord a couple of times today, but didn't notice any 510s.

BTW, this is off-topic, but did you happen to buy that car from a girl in Petaluma a few years back? It looks just like hers.

Remember like Dillon found the 510 the few years back.  Usually methheads who know certain vehicles are easy to steal.  They took Ben's 521 here locally, they found it less than a mile away from where it was stolen.

Hey everyone thanks for the kind words and keeping a look out.  Your Spot on Hall Monitor, that is exactly what it has, though I took the interior out due to some water getting through the rear window.  It also has a dent on the front driver side fender where someone in my neighborhood dinged it without leaving a note.

My phone was in the car and foolishly enough the perps (presumably) were using it after looking in my AT&T usage log.  Got incoming and outgoing calls, almost all of them in Antioch CA.  Will be notifying the Antioch police Tuesday and speaking to Concord police to see if there is anything they can do with those call logs etc.

I know I'm not an active member on here, I lurk some times.  I really do appreciate everybody helping out a stranger.  Feeling the love. 

Better have the Oakland Police on alert to check freshly checked shipping containers to the Orient.  American original Japanese cars are hot in the Orient!  Some of us [not me] convert Left hand drive cars and trucks to right hand drives thinking that's "cool" but the Japanese for example consider Left Hand Drive cars uber cool [sorry, I can't umlaut, Google "umlaut" if you really must].  When Honda built the Accord in the USA, one of their prime markets was exports to Japan.  One problem, the Japanese market wanted an imported car to be "obviously" imported otherwise their neighbors would not understand why they paid so much for a Japanese labled brand.  SO!  The birth of the "American Honda" import with left hand drive and an embossed American Eagle on the horn pad in lieu of the stylized "H" normally branded on the pad cover.  The eagle pad looks much better!