Loren O's '72 521 -Found this out in the woods.

Loren O

I like the side pipe idea. Don't want to do it myself as I've already burnt my leg on an exhaust and tryING to avoid doing it again. But that was also the more tender between the thighs region that I burnt...

Love the progress loren, glad I'm not the only one that moves slow as molasses

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's an update. The engine & transmission are all bolted in. Shawn,Joe & I all worked on it until around 9:30 last night. I need to go get a battery. We had it turning over,getting fuel,& weak spark. Hopefully we will have it running soon.

• Like 2

Good looking truck. Not too many in green. Do love the Datsun logo down the bottom of the door!!  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  Shoot that engine bay out for good measure though.

• Like 2

The new clutch master cylinder,clutch slave cylinder, and brake master cylinder came in at work today. Shawn & I should have them installed & working before he moves at the end of the month. Now it's a matter of getting the lights to work,& getting it liscensed,& I should be able to drive this truck.

• Like 4

Well,we had a bit of a setback. After installing new clutch master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder, and brake master cylinder, plus a few new metal brake lines, one of the old rusty metal rear brake lines burst. Shawn rigged things so that at least the truck has front brakes. At this point I will most likely be taking the truck to my work,& making/Replacing the rest of the brake lines there.

I also cleaned out the inside of the cab,& put the bench seat that came from Shawn's wife Becca's old 521. I found a few rust holes behind the seat,at the back left corner of the cab. Not at all surprising,considering that the truck sat,in the woods, for many years without a rear window, & drivers door window in it. I will have to figure out how to deal with that problem later.

The only lights currently working are the front emergency flashers. Now marker lights, blinkers,headlights, tail lights, nothing. The interior fan,& the windshield wipers work though, & there is power at the bother sides of all the fuses. I will get it sorted out,but I may need to get some help from an wiring genius, like Daniel C, or Wayno, or someone like that.

• Like 2

Brought my truck to my work at Wilsonville Nissan, so I could keep working on it, since my apartments don't allow working on vehicles on the premises. Gonna miss Shawn,his wife Rebecca, & their family, now that they have moved to Arizona. 20160330_181515.jpg

• Like 2