1973 Green Weenie

GRpufnstuf

fuck I don't know why people don't like stock rims painted white and and whitewall( Hubcaps)

Fucking looks COOL!!!!!!!!

thanks man! I agree obviously

currently looking into options for stock looking centers but on a 15" wheel for bigger brakes.

BUT I did recently see an orange truck in North Hollywood with white 15" wagon wheels on it and it looked kinda good...

I'd really like to do something like..

1309-555-00_wheelpros_vn470-20x8-500.png

or the Halibrand knock offs...

Shelby_427_2pc_Gray_PolishedRim_700.png

but sizing, bolt patterns, and pricing get difficult.

I guess if I was REALLY devoted I'd mod what I have or swap toyota 5 lug stuff in and get it done

• Like 1
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

halibrands?

Only on a Cobra or Ford

More like Halibrands on EVERYTHING

I have see 6 lug halibrands

They do list them as blank bolt pattern but 6lug might look weird on a 5 spoke style? I am now asking them directly.

If nothing else I could order a back spacing that would allow adapters.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

For Father's day I asked for guilt free time to work on Olive.  I GOT IT!

so happy about my truck right now.  

I did a basic tune up, new plugs, adjusted points, emory cloth on the rotor and cap ( they didn't have a lot of wear.), oil change, air filter, fuel filter.

New water pump (mis diagnosis of rattling sound by me) actually missing an alternator bracket bolt

washed

Por15 on driver and passenger floors (surface rust clean-up), Did the full Por brand prep kit and it came out great!

Stuck dynamat extreme on floors, door skins and ceiling.  

replaced window channel felt, scraper and door seal on driver door (passenger tonight maybe)

I bought all that rubber stuff from SoCal Datsun at the Eagle rock meet a year ago or more.

I'm happy with everything but the scrapers, they seem to be to soft/sticky a compound and fold up-down and stick to window.

Just set my JC Whitney green carpet kit in but haven't stuck it down yet.  It's a little sloppy

Working on a plan for sound control and carpet on rear cabin wall behind seats.  Nothing firm yet (faux grass?)

I thought I had a dead body or bed mount to the frame.  Turns out the bang I hear over some bumps is the aftermarket Gas tank rubbing the lower rear seam of the truck cab.  I'll have that fixed in a week or two, it just needs to be shifted a little clockwise depending how you look at tit.

I didn't get to take pics as I was really trying to maximize wrk time.  I'll grab a couple when I'm doing the seals on the passenger door.

• Like 2

ALSO, I am officially going to switch back to kingpin front end. with a Bluehands disc conversion and spacers to keep my 14"s ( I think that works?)  

I may have said this ^^^ before.

I have been running the BeeBani upper A arms with '79 620 brakes and lower arms.  I'm not sure if Beebani measurements are off or if it's just not a good conversion but I cannot get this thing aligned at the ride height I want.

If I was running a stock height it would be "ok" but not great.  Then I could use drop spindles but that would take me away from 14" wheels, and it wouldn't be as good as stock for handling, stance etc.

SO, I will have the beebani setup for sale soon-ish, complete with my notes and experiences using it.  just have to collect the parts kit to swap back.

OTHERWISE, just been daily driving it 44 miles round trip on work days and loving it mostly.  Except on hot days.  I should get to work figuring out the engine side of some AC so I can utilize the interior AC parts I have stashed...

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 7/28/2016 at 6:17 AM, ol' 320 said:

Did you ever get your five speed in? I enjoyed meeting you and seeing the truck ... what, two years ago now? Time flies!

And YES! I did get the 5 speed in.  It works so well that I never installed the roadster third member for lower hwy rpms.

Sorry I missed you and your new rig this year. I'm crossing fingers that next fall I'll be in a good spot to start a new Datsun project