If blowout control is a big concern, you could always just get beadlocks rings and install them.
I'm really looking at the bart wheels as race-only wheels (a little lightweight aluminum wheel trailer is in autoCAD right now, but not quite ready to be fabricated - and I still need to design a proper tow hitch). The only thing holding this project up right now is that MONSTEROUS iat sensor. I just got home from the parts store where I looked at 20 different sensors. No love. Altogether too many cars use plastic connectors to hold them in, and I really want to keep the sensor in the intake manifold.
I also just received a spare manifold that I can really hack apart.
I borrowed some grown-up tools
which allowed me to seat the injectors deeper (maybe too deep, I got overzealous with my exciting new tools) and now the orings should provide a great seal.
More updates coming over the weekend, and I might even get some real, grown-up shop space!
In other news...
I sold the 240z. That means I have slightly more budget to put this together (or to move into the better shop space). I'm moving at the end of this month though, so that's going to eat up a lot of time. Gotta get it running!