Bagged and BD 67 V520

finney

Love this!  Clean as always.  Are you doing the rear also?   It is these type of mods that really show to a trained eye.  Other people will not know unless told.

I am planning on doing the opposite to my 520.  I want to close up the gap between top of the tire and the top of the wheel opening.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Finney,

Great build! It really shows your skills as a fabricator and your eye as a craftsman.

As an owner of a LHD V520 with rear window frame rust issues, I am excited to see what you have planned for your rear windows. I have not removed mine due to the complex frame detail and the obviously unobtainable frame to body gaskets.

I had given thought to welding in a flange and using a urethane adhesive to install one large fixed window, flushed with the structure around the opening, but the idea of having the sliding forward windows is very appealing to me.

What are you planning?

• Like 1

Finney,

Great build! It really shows your skills as a fabricator and your eye as a craftsman.

As an owner of a LHD V520 with rear window frame rust issues, I am excited to see what you have planned for your rear windows. I have not removed mine due to the complex frame detail and the obviously unobtainable frame to body gaskets.

I had given thought to welding in a flange and using a urethane adhesive to install one large fixed window, flushed with the structure around the opening, but the idea of having the sliding forward windows is very appealing to me.

What are you planning?

Thanks.

There was absolutely no way of getting the window frames out without totally destroying the rubber. The rubber was the most complex piece of holding I have ever seen. There is a pinch weld that runs around the opening with the frames removed, I am planning on running a single window glued in. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I did not plan posting a picture of the carbs by themselves, I was messing around with the iPhone photo bucket app and the forum, once posted I could not figure out a way edit and post text, so I gave up.

I have linked off of Facebook in the past. I will re load the photos once I have photo bucket up to date and I have an pair hour. 

The photo is of some MG SU carbs that I picked up yesterday. I am looking forward to bolting them up and getting the J13 back in the engine bay. The engine should fit under the bonnet now without modification. A BIG WIN. 

Regular build updates are on Instagram Datsun_v520