240Z build time

Yellow_Feva

Well I have had my 240Z for 2 weeks now so its time to document my build

Specs:

72 240Z

104K on Body 11,343 on engine, turbo, tranny and diff.

1982 L28ET 

Borg Warner 5 speed Tranny

R200 Diff non lsd 

Front toyota 4 pot brakes

Rear drums 

So far i have done lots of maintenance, cleaning, pulling out the interiors to clean and inspect.

Changed thermostat, new MSD fuel pump, all fluids, plugs, fixed bumpers, lights, new gauges, new straight pipe, my beautiful Hoshino wheels, lowered her a bit more, rolled and pulled fenders and bought more parts.

Since the engine, tranny, diff and turbo rebuild it has been 11,343 miles so more power is the word

Already have a Jim Wolfe ECU for 420cc injectors, Cobra Maf, New 420 cc Injectors, having a front mount fabricated this week, manual boost controller, and other little things.

The goal now is 350HP

I love the bodylines of the Z so I really did not want to install flares so after a lot of research and measuring I was able to fit my Impul Hoshinos.

Wheel specs:

Impul Hoshino G5

Fully polished

front 15x9.25 -13 (5 inch lip)

Rear 15x9.25 -38 (5.5 inch lip)

No rubbing at all 

As soon as my power goals are accomplished she will be off for body work and a new coat of white paint, she has a couple of rust bubbles very minimum tho so this will be corrected.

Here a couple of quick pictures from a car show in the local area a couple of days ago.

9542144435_1818a4cf9b_b_zps6a2b4e69.jpg

9544927748_1c9f635b77_b_zpsbce31acc.jpg

9544924376_29f6b20278_b_zps5fd88e2d.jpg

9544921634_f430b153b7_b_zps185a9f23.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no rust in the fenders so I dont want to destroy them adding flares, maybe when I get it painted ill extend the rears just a bit

Before I got the fenders rolled and pulled they did stick out quite a bit but now they sit pretty good, ill take a pic tomorrow.

Right now its on unknown lowering springs but im getting a set of T3 coilovers soon.

I can't get over how sick those hoshinos look on the Z bro. I'm jelly lol.

Do the T3 coilovers have adjustable height without affecting the spring preload? If they don't I really would recommend going with the Mckinney set. They're fully adjustable without messing with the springs preload, also has dampening adjustment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...