Bookend KC 620's ... Father & Son trucks

heretic

Thanks guys much appreciated.!!

Man your truck's so nice, makes me wanna drop mine too.

DO IT.!! your truck is coming along nicely & now's the time :)

So jealous that you have the original paint. I was so looking forward to cutting/buffing/polishing the abused paint on my 620....and when I show up...it looks like he's painted it with a roller right over the oem paint...

That sucks. I definitely lucked out finding this truck...... I'm with Redeye you should be able to carefully remove it with some patience but what a pain in the ass.

Pretty easy to get back down to the oem paint with the correct chemicals and some elbow grease. A few guys around here have done just that. 

That is a nice kc Yota, bet you missed that rig. :cool: 

620 is looking FINE as usual. :D

I do miss it! I REALLY want to convert my Datsun..... thanks mang.

cool truck and motor build

Thanks Hainz.......... BTW mad respect on your knowledge.

• Like 2
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are very simple & bullet proof, I built my first L-Series when I was 17ish & I've done dozens over the years but few people have taken the time to share what they know, myself included.

BTW mad respect on your knowledge.????

they are simple motors.

• Like 1

You can try some mineral spirits or paint thinner first. It depends on the type of paint your dealing with so experiment in an out of the way spot. 

Can always fall back on sanding but it might work out with a buffer and some compound. The chemicals might make an easier job though. 

I just bought some spray paint (hhad it mixed and canned) that matches the original factory code and plan to use that as I clean up the body. So that's another way :lol: 

• Like 2

I just recently learned that you can get automotive paint colors mixed into an aerosol can at automotive paint supply companies! 

I plan to do the same thing when I fix my mirror mount holes in the doors.

I just bought some spray paint (hhad it mixed and canned) that matches the original factory code and plan to use that as I clean up the body. So that's another way :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks, much appreciated.

The seat is from a 4th Gen Toyota SR5 Turbo truck. To my knowledge it was only available in that model. It took me quite some time to find it. I like having a bench with the adjustability of buckets. I removed the headrests mainly because I prefer the look. 

Just read this from the start. GREAT BUILDS!!!!    I'm curious what this seat is out of? 

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...