Bookend KC 620's ... Father & Son trucks

heretic

So with the new steering, bushings, ball joints & dropped spindles on went these beauties.... machined D21 V6 hubs, rotors & calipers

IMG_00156.jpg

IMG_00155.jpg

at this point I need to give big thanks to ]2eDeYe and yello620 for answering all my questions..... I tend to over think shit  :blush:

Where did you get the hubs?  Are they new or used?  Been waiting for a v6 hardbody to hit the stockton PnP but it is taking forever so thinking about venturing farther to get them.

BTW  awesome build so far!  I can't believe how that paint buffed out..  :o   Was this what you were going to build the engine for??  Keep it up!

• Like 1
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man. I appreciate the input.

I got all my parts at PnP. A buddy & I turned the rotors down to fit modern wheels. 

YOU WILL wait forever for a V6 D21, they weren't very common I've found.

Exactly What I Did:

Brakes

• Bell-Tech D21 Dropped Spindles (2wd 4cylinder spindles 85.6' thru 97')
  • Hubs & the dust shields (if you want them) from any 85.6' thru 97' 2wd 4cylinder hardbody
  • Calipers & Mounting brackets (keep the hardware) from a 85.6' thru 97' 4x4 Hardbody or Pathfinder
  • Order new rotors for a 2wd D21 V6 truck.

Ball joints

• Upper ball joints are the same from 78' to 97' ... Moog PN# K9022 
  • Lower ball joints are the same from 78' to 85' ... Moog PN# K9045 

You're probaly saying "but wait wait my spindle is now a D21 not 620/720" ... Don't worry, the only change to the lower ball joint (D21) was the way it attaches to the lower control arm NOT the spindle. You're 620 LCR is the controling factor with this part :)

My master cylinder (13/16") & all my steering componants are stock.

The 13/16" MC works great. 

• Like 4

found this while parts hunting.....

L20B w/W58 head

IMG_00279.jpg

I almost felt bad when I tore into it because I'm quite sure that ALL the gaskets we're OEM & this motor had never been opened. It did have a blown head gasket but other than that EVERYTHING looked beautiful inside. I probably could've changed the HG & ran it. Oh well It's gonna be rebulit & run until I can do a motor swap.

IMG_00295.jpg

IMG_00297.jpg

IMG_00300.jpg

IMG_00310.jpg

IMG_00312.jpg

• Like 2

:) just razzing ...

I realized only a couple of months ago while commenting on one of his posts, that I have a red 620 & a green 620 too. Both of mine however will be lowered BUT the green one WILL get the "]2eDeYe treatment" when I move out to my property in the sticks in 5yrs.

• Like 3

I owned an automotive window tinting business in the 90's so with the new 1/4 window rubber the boy learned how to tint. He did the entire back window himself....

IMG_00508.jpg

IMG_00511.jpg

that tint has been in my "stash" for AT LEAST 20yrs. I was suprised it was still good.

edit: fix broken pics

• Like 2