Fuel pump relay 720

slemers

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

think I found it up underneath the passenger side back wheel well, about 8" off the pump.

It looks like the style fuel filter  that has nipples horizontal/running through  unlike the one they sold me which is white,  with nipples parellel ( all jokes aside )

It bolts to the rear frame of truck right?

I hope this is the problem, the filter looks ancient.

• Like 1

It slips in to a small round bracket stock. What you have with two nipples on top is the correct filter. What is on your truck is not the correct filter. It shouldn't be bolted in to anything.

• Like 2
  • 2 years later...

If you think getting the relay out is hard, wait till you try to put it back in!!

Tried all the tests I read about, no joy with fuel pump. Jumped with battery, pump runs. Remove relay from parts truck, do something else for a week, forget to see if pump operates with parts relay, work on sauna for a week waiting for new relay, install, everything works fine.

I just don't understand when I installed a jumper at the appropriate contact on relay connector why pump did not work.

• Like 1

Here is the Nissan Factory Parts Manual drawing noted of the stock fuel filter that is between the tank and the fuel pump.. You should always have a filter before the fuel pump.

Tuel_Tank_Fittings_Noted.jpg

Stock 720 fuel piping for electric fuel pump.

1986720_Z24_Fuel_Piping_Modded_zps766c43

Stock 720 electric fuel pump on the drivers side of my 1980 720 chassis under my 66 520.

DSC02360.jpg