VK56de into a 510 Question

Kazumi_510

There always is but eventually cost and complication becomes prohibitive. There are other issues like the CAN bullshit they use. The ecu and body control and all that are all interconnected so unless the person is a jag tech or has bank the engine will need to also be run on a stand alone. Then that means they need a non variable timing variant etc... Telling you jags are just a cock tease of nice motors too prohibitive to use lol. I have been drooling over some of them for years... 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya no vvt on the forced induction motors, which is cool. They are bank though and still need to adapt a trans unless a slush box is acceptable. 

Looks like I'm knocking the choice, I like the motors just saying they have their own set of complications and catches no matter what. 

• 1 year later...

So, this is a dead topic I know....

I have not done measurements, or weight calculations...

Im wondering what the OP decided to do with his acquisition.  I recently came across a vk56 that I may be able to bring home, for free.  It is a 40K 2011 motor that was misused from the original owner. It burned oil and was a lil slugded up.  I figure a good cleaning and valve seals it'll be fine.  It runs just fine.  Anyhow, since I may be able to bring this beast home for free I started searching for stuff on ratsun about VK's and found this thread.  I think a vk would kick a** if given the proper installation with supporting mods....

If you can acquire heads of and intake off a vd,you'll gain quite a bit. I got ahold of a Nissan senior tech a few months ago to verify any differences between the de and vd. The blocks are identical other than the vd being a slightly stronger casting. 400-420 factory HP with the higher flow and direct injection. Hell of a lot to mess with as far as the vvt though.