280zx struts / 510 springs, and T3 Camber plates?

I've read many topics on this, but I can't find the answer to my specific question:

Can I run T3 camber plates with 280zx struts, using the 510 springs?  Or, do I have to convert to coil overs to use the T3 camber plates?

Thanks, in advance.

-Kyle

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like trophy said. But it's not a bad idea to get coilovers just in case you want change your ride height in the future.

and yes, you can use t3 plates with coilovers. 

Maybe I wasn't clear, because I didn't get my answer....  I have 280zx struts, I will use the 510 springs (I know how to put the 510 springs on the struts), my question is:  can I use the T3 camber plates with this setup?  If so, is there anything special I need to do?

I know everybody likes coilovers, but I don't want to go that route right now, if I don't have too. 

I believe you can not use the stock 510 springs with the camber plates.  These appear to be set-up for coil-over springs. 

Edit: I would suppose you could fabricate some sort of spring hat for the stock springs but that could put your budget halfway to buying coil-over sleeves, springs and hats.

DSC_9452.jpg

That's what I was wondering. 

I've ready many posts, where someone has my setup, then another person chimes in to buy T3 camber plates.  It seems like there are a lot of people that don't fully read the O.P. very well and give the wrong advice.  I've got a set on order now, and I don't think I can use them... That's my fault I should have waited until I verified.

there is not much reason to run camber plates with stock springs because you don't have much room for adjustment with the larger diameter springs 

you could probably do it if you use the stock top hat from the 510 and modify it so it rides like the top hat for coil overs 

Ok good.  I will put everything together this weekend and park the T3 camber plates on the shelf for now.  I hate spending $200 on parts that sit on the shelf.  I was just trying to get everything together ASAP so I could do my project this weekend.  And I wasted lots of time browsing old posts to find my answer, to no avail.

Thanks for the help everyone.  Hopefully the next person with this question will find this post before they spend the $$!!

• 3 weeks later...

I believe you can not use the stock 510 springs with the camber plates.  These appear to be set-up for coil-over springs. 

Edit: I would suppose you could fabricate some sort of spring hat for the stock springs but that could put your budget halfway to buying coil-over sleeves, springs and hats.

DSC_9452.jpg

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/151086997668?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

If you're set on a height with the springs and etc, it may not be but often, a lot of people just put on some coilovers.

Ground control sells them for $200 and they're quality with the spring rate you want I believe.

You can use t3 plates with them as well and it will forever be adjustable. lol

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/search.php

Buy whatcha need. 

I recommend it.

Everybody makes it sound so easy.  Just spend a little more money.....  I already bought some ST Sport springs, so I was hoping to get use out of those, but the car won't lower as much as I'd like without shortening the strut housing.

Coilovers may be "forever adjustable", but again, your limited on how much, until you shorten the housing.