I need some 320 hubcaps.

SS320

Probably better to ask here than 'parts wanted'

I'm sure the mods will move this if needed.

I have some non original hubcaps fitted now but....

I'm trying to find a set of four original chrome hubcaps for my 320.
I have found all parts needed so far, but cannot find the caps (or rear bumpers) yet.

Condition is sort of important but I will take a look at anything original 320.
They don't have to be to flashy and I'm in no hurry.

I know they are out there somewhere!

It seems there's only about ten blokes in Australia that even know what a 320 is!

Ozdat is NO help.

I have some 320 stuff I may be able to trade if needed.
Hard earned available if you prefer.. chaching.gif

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably better to ask here than 'parts wanted'

I'm sure the mods will move this if needed.

I have some non original hubcaps fitted now but....

I'm trying to find a set of four original chrome hubcaps for my 320.

I have found all parts needed so far, but cannot find the caps (or rear bumpers) yet.

Condition is sort of important but I will take a look at anything original 320.

They don't have to be to flashy and I'm in no hurry.

I know they are out there somewhere!

It seems there's only about ten blokes in Australia that even know what a 320 is!

Ozdat is NO help.

I have some 320 stuff I may be able to trade if needed.

Hard earned available if you prefer.. chaching.gif

320 hubcaps are very hard to find, a week or two ago I asked my sheet metal guys where I have flashing made, if they could stamp stainless steel, and they said no, oh well, it was worth asking.

There is a guy over there(AU) that sold me three 320 hubcaps, his user name here and on ozdat is msdm. http://ozdat.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=12373

Maybe he can find some more, it took him a long time to ship them, but they finally made it here, I would deal in person with him if you can, I was worried for a while.

• 4 months later...

Stop searching.

I have a full set now.

Would post pics but Ratsun is not compatible with the latest version of internet explorer (11)

I am unable to post pics until the Ratsun boffins fix this problem. 

Oh well.

Pretty sure that's my mates trailer and it is in Australia!

No floor shift box. She has the original column shift 4 speed.

Another spare gearbox for my 320.

Beauty.

I'm like a 320 spare parts bloodhound!

I am actually amazed of the difference, but there is some pitting on the one, are they all the same or was that the worst one?

They look good on the truck, and I like the front plate. :)

That is a nice straight little truck, the box is in amazing shape considering how old it is, most are beat to shit, but that one looks to be without any dents/damage on the sides.

Thanks Wayno.

I started polishing the worst hubcap first.

It was found on the ground underneath the V320 in the background.

The other three are much better than that one.

I was happy to get the older style black and white number plates with that combination of letters and numbers.

Cost me a bit but well worth it.

It does have a few small dents to the rear area but just adds some character I reckon.

It's a bit faded but not to bad for an original paint job.

I'm just so glad it has NOT been lowered cause it defeats the purpose of having a truck/utility.

People tend to want to lower everything these days.

I bought the small round spotlights from a lady in the USA.

I am guilty of lowering a vehicle, but I am only lowering one more than 2 1/2 inches(63mm), and I am lowering that one a lot, come on, everyone has to do one. :lol:

I cannot see the dents your talking about in the photos, the truck looks cleaner than almost everything I have seen except for maybe a couple that were restored.

It looks like the only thing left you need to find is a set of 320 bumperettes, did they come with them over there, or is that an american thing?

I do also realize that most early trucks over there came as cab/chassis(flatbeds), and finding datsuns with boxes is difficult itself, that is why I am wondering if you even had bumperettes over there.

I use this little car sometimes as a work ute/truck as well as a weekend cruiser so lowering is not a sensible option for me.

I can understand that lowering looks ok, but depends on vehicle type and use, in my opinion.

Bloody thing handles like crap as it is now but I'm used to it!

These bumperettes you speak of.

I thought they were just over riders for the front bar but I guess I'm wrong.

Are they the small rear bumpers that you mean?

Saw some of those on eBay, but read bad things about their quality on Ratsun.

I was speaking or the split bumpers that came on the 320s, they look like the ones on my old 320 that I sold after it was wrecked.

DSCF0015.JPG

DSCF0016.JPG

This guy came around a corner and hit me head on, I wasn't even moving,

1965%2520datsun%2520320%2520001.jpg

I use this little car sometimes as a work ute/truck as well as a weekend cruiser so lowering is not a sensible option for me.

I can understand that lowering looks ok, but depends on vehicle type and use, in my opinion.

Bloody thing handles like crap as it is now but I'm used to it!

These bumperettes you speak of.

I thought they were just over riders for the front bar but I guess I'm wrong.

Are they the small rear bumpers that you mean?

Saw some of those on eBay, but read bad things about their quality on Ratsun.

• 1 month later...

You can make them fit, but they are not a 320 bumperette, 320 bumperettes are smaller and more rounded.

These are what 320 bumperettes look like, note that one of the bumper mount bolts is in the corner of it.

DSCN2084.JPG

DSCN2085.JPG

DSCN2086.JPG

The bumperettes you posted a link to are this type, note the mount bolts are not in the corner.

DSCN2268.JPG

DSCN2269.JPG

DSCN2270.JPG

DSCN2271.JPG

Don't use my 320 brackets as an example, they are bent up bad.

You can make those 520/521 bumperettes work on your 320, they just are not correct for your 320, you will have to make your own brackets though, but it's not that hard, all my builds that have bumperettes have custom brackets, as all my 521/520 builds are on 720 frames, so the brackets don't fit my application.

One other thing, those bumperettes on ebay are aftermarket, and a lot of members have had lots to say about them, some have them on their trucks and are happy, while others have said they are crap quality, this is one of them things that is a crap shoot, buyer beware.

There are a lot of guys selling these things.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/rear-bumper-datsun-620-RH-LH-85022-/200944362360?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec937a378&_uhb=1

I could have swore that link you posted had the shipping as low as $40.00 something, but now it's back up high again.

EDIT   I just realized that you posted a link to Ebay AU, but it seems to be a wash, they charge you less the the bumpers, but charge you more for shipping. :(

Yeah Wayno, I could tell the brackets were bent.

But I've got a better idea of the gauge steel to use now.

Also, a better idea of the shape they need to be and how to fabricate them.

Thanks mate!