Yellow SR510

Todays updates.

Ill be working on my car a lot this week with my friend Andrew so should look forward to lots of progress and pictures!

We are trying to finish up the brake lines and fuel system then on to the front end mounting the radiator and intercooler and running IC piping.

We added a brake proportioning valve in the cab so this line is coming from that to the driver inner fender were we will be connecting all the brake lines

IMG_0560_zps93ce679a.jpg

Fuel pump mounted

IMG_0558_zpsc3c01c66.jpg

Ran right front brake line along sub frame to inner driver fender. Were going for as minimal components in the engine bay as possible

IMG_0562_zpsf8cdd125.jpg

Here is drivers fender well so far

IMG_0563_zps5da4fc13.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. Its been one long year since I purchased this project and what started out as just wanting to get it up and running turned in to what you see now. It really was a domino effect, since I had the time and since my friend who has been helping me build it from day one and myself are both perfectionists, we have gone over just about every inch of this car. It has been a roller coaster of emotion from excited about building a car and learning so much a long the way to depressed and feeling like it will never get done! But with it getting closer and closer every day to running I can finally see the end in sight and am so anxious to drive this thing!

The goal is to have it done in March and Andrew has a lot of crazy new things he has planned for the Datsun before its done.

So stay tuned.

• Like 1

Today was more mocking and prepping for rad/IC install. Here are a few pics

Something like this

IMG_0572_zps44bd19cc.jpg

IMG_0573_zpsc0dc63f8.jpg

Because some of the core support was cut, and we will be cutting some more, we needed to add some structural support

IMG_0577_zps117cf672.jpg

Here is what we will be cutting, basically left of the bar in the above photo

IMG_0578_zps65d59c82.jpg

It a T2871 copy. I've had good luck with the knock off turbochargers and cost was the main consideration. It is going to be a daily driven street car, so it was decided to go for a mild turbo.

Andrew Peterson

Andrew's Tuning and Performance 

Yes, the clutch and front RH brake line run along the cross member and the rear brake line runs down the drivers side of the car into the pass compartment to the proportioning valve then back out and down to the rest of the way to rear of the vehicle. You can see all this in the pictures he posted on page 3.  

Andrew Peterson

Andrew's Tuning and Performance 

The plastic drain plug for the radiator on my daily driver decided to randomly break and leak coolant so I had to mess with that for awhile. I did not get done as much as I was hoping for.

Tomorrow im hoping to have the brakes lines complete

Finished the brake lines!!

IMG_0590_zps3e620b4c.jpg

IMG_0592_zpsf626001d.jpg

A little funky but it works and everything lines up. I definitely got better towards the end of the line making. This was the first time making brake lines. Once I got the hang of it, it went a lot easier and smoother.

Probably test the brakes and clutch tomorrow

• Like 1

So here was the engine bay, completely done and ready for top coat...

IMG_0392_zps21c902ec.jpg

and here it is after top coat of POR15...

IMG_0396_zps8b325f82.jpg

what a nightmare.

I have now sanded it all off and am ready to start primer coating again. Once that is done it all should be coming together quickly so stay tuned.

Should have used a high build flexible urethane primer