etc etc

• Like 1
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

So I have not posted in a while and that is because I am pursuing a job career so am not in the shop as much to take pics and see the overall progress. But Andrew is continuing the work on my car and here is some updates: 

Fuel lines ran and one of the brake lines plus fuel pump

IMG_0497_zps3d451533.jpg

IMG_0499_zps54c96ca9.jpg

New transmission mount

IMG_0501_zps3f599dc2.jpg

Fuel pressure regulator mounted

IMG_0503_zps57e69ca1.jpg

New turbo

IMG_0504_zps4a6bb2c6.jpg

IMG_0516_zpsf0c3ab51.jpg

Brake pressure regulator installed. That's going to be fun to mess around with! 

IMG_0509_zps07cfbced.jpg

IMG_0515_zps9584bee7.jpg

And last, a new trunk and fuel cell enclosure

IMG_0517_zpscfc4bcd4.jpg

IMG_0519_zps69c31f21.jpg

IMG_0522_zps50981d57.jpg

• Like 1

Today I was able to go out to the shop and work on the car some. Ground out all the old paint and primer from inside the trunk and POR15 everything. Tomorrow ill hopefully be able to go in and finish the second coat then the back end can get finished.

Bracket for battery was also mounted in the trunk as well

Lots of progress has been made!

We also found 2 little holes above the rear license plate? They were gooped up and covered until I wire wheeled them. Not sure what they were for but we welded them closed so now I have to lay down some bondo and try and find a spray paint that matches the yellow of the car 

• 2 months later...

Latest update from my buddy who is working on my car!

Its BEAUTIFUL!
IMG_0541_zps8ad269de.jpg

And he said along with sending me that pic,

"Its got pretty much everything set up on it. Its set for Bluetooth module, I set it up to control the electric fan, electric boost control, launch control, flat shift, real time barometric pressure correction, and its full sequential fuel and spark. It basically has everything this board can handle. The only thing not added was flex fuel sensor, but I could add it later if we ever got E85 in Chico."

HECK YA!!!!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

So yesterday I got to work on the car a little bit, not to make it run but make it look nice. The stock sr20 valve cover was beat up and overall did not look that great so I sanded it down, cleaned it then resprayed it. I used a primer filler first, then a silver metallic then a nice metallic red.

Primer filler

IMG_0549_zps396cab58.jpg

Silver metallic (all purpose) spray paint

IMG_0551_zps9ac5389c.jpg

Red metallic

IMG_0552_zps018df218.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Dude,

This build is looking great and I must say, I really like the color scheme. :thumbup: I built an SR510 much like this one. Yellow and Black has always been my ideal choice. I saw you have the Isis intake, as do I. What are your plans for the injectors. and fuel rail? If you're sticking with the stock bottom mount injectors than you should be fine.

I had to go with bigger injectors so top feed was my only option. Although Isis say's their mani will work with both top and bottom feed injectors, I found this to be untrue. I dicked around trying to get a good pressure seal on top feed Injector Dynamics 1000s and had a hell of a time. Using those fat rubber spacers was a waist of time. If you stick your finger into the injector opening you'll feel the seat for the injector's rubber O-ring is only about 3/16 to 1/4" deep. Any pressure from the rail on the injector and the O-ring will drop passed the seat. Not enough, when you come on to boost the the injector pops out. Serious PITFA. I wound up welding bung into the openings and worked like a champ. Check out the solution I came up with. If you plan on top feed this is the way to go.

FuelRail.jpg

injectorPlug.jpg

Hey paradime, thanks for the input. Were actually going to be making a fuel rail, which looks like you did? and using top feed injectors which will be happening in the near future so your solution looks and sounds like a good one. That's something I am leaving up to my friend Andrew (ATP)so not sure what his plan is for that large injector opening but that is something I did not think about and your solution looks perfect.

The color scheme sorta worked well since I did not want something that stood out to much and was clean looking and complimented the red top because that was something I wanted to keep. It has been very iconic for me since ive been in the car seen so im excited that I actually have one. The yellow has definitely grown on me but my end thoughts on color has been a gunmetal silver with black bre stripes on the fenders which would go with the black engine bay

Thanks blks14, im really happy with how its turned out and its only going to keep getting better as we continue to finish putting it all together. Still to come are steel braided lines, red AN fittings, new brake lines, radiator, intercooler, fuel rail and possibly a custom CNC'd aluminum spark plug cover!