Finally got a 521! *work underway 8/14*

Steve521

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that, hope issues get resolved, separations and divorces suck. Also ill be here patiently awaiting updates on truck

Thanks, yeah I really hope so too because I have 3 fairly young kids that will be highly affected by this. :crying:

leave the dent. adds charator

I'm the clean paint and straight as possible body kind of person so it won't last too long dented but for now, it has to stay because I don't have the time or the money to fix it. ;-)  My next post will be a pic of the damage.  Just gotta load it to PB.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well here comes the post that I fought so hard not to have to do but its inevitable now.  With all the family issues which are slowly getting better and because of the fact I need money badly for family reasons as well, I've come to the decision, as hard as it is, to sell my little gem.  :sick:  :crying:  Thanks so much guys for all your help and fun here on the forum and I'm sad to say that I'll be Datsunless for a while but hopefully I'll be back with a different project in the future ... hopefully a 520/521.  I'm pretty confident that I'll seek to buy another classic Datsun truck, whatever it may be as soon as I can. 

I know that I can't advertise it here on the forum so I will make a classified ad hopefully today.  I'm not going to advertise it locally yet because I want to give Ratsun members first shot due to the fact I want someone to get it that loves them and has a future for it.  I will most likely seek out buying another one, like I said, in the near future if I can but for now don't have the time or the money to own it or continue with the project.   Thanks again guys for everything and I'll still follow builds and such to give me more incentive to get another one someday.  B)

• Like 1

Just cause you are selling your Datsun does not mean you can not be a contributing member here.  By contributing member I mean you can be posting and reading and helping others with what you have learned with your 521 adventure!  Please hang out and help keep Ratsun alive and well.

Just cause you are selling your Datsun does not mean you can not be a contributing member here.  By contributing member I mean you can be posting and reading and helping others with what you have learned with your 521 adventure!  Please hang out and help keep Ratsun alive and well.

Well I really felt/feel comfortable & welcome here so I probably will do that.  I've got the classic Datsun bug now so I'm pretty sure I'll have another one in the near future anyway but until then I'll try to be involved ... thanks Charlie.  :thumbup:

@Matt - yeah that is a bummer.  It's gonna make someone a nice project.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Just wanted to take a minute to say hi and let everyone know I'm still here and more importantly still have my 521 and even after being asked twice now if I wanted to sell it!!!  B)

I know I'm up there if not the most inconsistent Datsun owner and I understand if y'all think I'm a flake but I'm hoping to be viewed as someone who has gone through probably the most difficult personal and financial issues in my entire life and have come so close to having to sell my 'lil gem but haven't had to.  I want to be a part of this community to help, get help and just enjoy hangin' out but life has been SOOO difficult. :blush:   Here's the good news...

I'm finally at a point where my wife and I are taking positive steps to build on our marriage and I expressed to her how badly I didn't want to sell the Dat know matter what!  She agrees now that I don't need to no matter what the circumstance so I'm finally home free with that issue and the stress of it.  B)

It is still sitting with the unfinished L20B swap, broken windshield and inoperable brakes but I'm hoping this spring and summer to get working on it again.  It may be slow going as it has been for quite some time but at least there shouldn't be any "getting rid of it" issues. :sleep:

Right now I'm trying to negotiate with my boss (because it's so small) him letting me bring the truck down to the shop I work for but it is a small shop so not sure what's gonna happen.  I'll keep everyone posted as much as I can.  

• Like 1