Another 510 KA24DE-T

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my setup is very similar too.. i got the same intake mani, intercooler, and raiditor as u i had to cut a bit of my frame to clear the inlet/outlet on the fmic from not runing into the raidiator also i am moving the motor back a few inches cuz the throttle body got pushed in a awkward position using that manifold..it makes it hard to pipe the throttle to the intercooler cuz its so close ;(

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see you have a cage in the works, cuz that KA beast would twist your Dime into a pretzel without it. I did an SR swap and used many of the same parts you did. I can tell you from experience, you'll feel every twitch of that KA with those Mckinney Poly motor mounts. Personally I love it. I like the new Mc tranny brace way better than the first Gen. Mine has a  funky guard that the exhaust passes through. More of a PITA than it's worth, so they removed it. 

Really an enjoyable build thread, and although I'm late to the party, I look forward to watching what comes next. 

For sure, hp is a stressor, but it's the torque that KA is going to produce that will do the damage. The 510's unibody was designed around a 100 hp power plant. You've obviously done your homework on this build though. It's one thing to throw a bunch of money at a build, but pointing that money in the right direction is what makes a great car. Looks like you're hitting the little details right on the head. With a monster like that, it's so much more important to have the right equipment to control it. 

Does your Halteck 500 have the ability to monitor gear position as well as speed? With that you can program electronic launch and traction control features for added control. On the power front, if you can add an altimeter sensor and intake temp sensor to the O2 sensor, you can totally ditch your MAF and run a 4" cold air intake straight to the turbo. With those LS packs and larger injectors you can also program for sequential fuel and spark to help protect your motor while getting the most out of it. With the 1000cc injectors and SL1 C-packs I would guess you are considering e85, yes? What do you have planned in this area? 

For sure, hp is a stressor, but it's the torque that KA is going to produce that will do the damage. The 510's unibody was designed around a 100 hp power plant. You've obviously done your homework on this build though. It's one thing to throw a bunch of money at a build, but pointing that money in the right direction is what makes a great car. Looks like you're hitting the little details right on the head. With a monster like that, it's so much more important to have the right equipment to control it. [/size]

Does your Halteck 500 have the ability to monitor gear position as well as speed? With that you can program electronic launch and traction control features for added control. On the power front, if you can add an altimeter sensor and intake temp sensor to the O2 sensor, you can totally ditch your MAF and run a 4" cold air intake straight to the turbo. With those LS packs and larger injectors you can also program for sequential fuel and spark to help protect your motor while getting the most out of it. With the 1000cc injectors and SL1 C-packs I would guess you are considering e85, yes? What do you have planned in this area?

I meant tq. Also my setup will be MAP, not MAF. I'll just run an HKS mushroom filter on the inlet. The Sprint 500 has provisions for LC and I think FFS. I will also be using the Haltech WBC1. I am considering an ethanol map but it will probably just be used for power bragging and dyno days or something. What this thing will produce on a high boost E85 map will be way more than I need. Especially on what wheel/tire I can fit under the stock fenders. The power I'll make on pump will probably be too much haha. Maybe 3 maps? E85, high boost pump and low boost pump I think. We have soooo many gas stations w E85 here in Michigan

If you do go e85, do yourself a favor and include a flex fuel sensor and voltage output module so your ECU can auto adjust to any gas / ethanol ratio. In winter your e85 in the mid west is closer to e65. You also don't need to empty the tank every time you switch over.

My fenders are rolled and pushed about an inch. I'm running 8" Hankook vertus sr3 tires with about 300hp. That setup is stupid sticky. With respect to tire width, there is a degree of diminishing returns with a light car like the 510. If you don't have the weight to push it down, you don't get the added traction you'd think.

Looking at what you have, I wouldn't be at all shocked to see 400 plus out of your car, but for Auto cross, you'll never use it. You want a quick boosting torque monster, and with that t28 that is what you will get. I have a 3071r on my SR and I'm just coming on to boost at 2500 rpm. You'll have more low end grunt and that greddy will spool up much quicker than mine. Prepare yourself

• Like 1