New here - My 620

*fart*

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go... nothing too original, but Im digging them...  snapped a couple this morning... I went with 15x8 wheels with 3.75" backspacing.  205/65/15 Falken tires.  They have a nice stretch i think, but they are really close to hitting the fenders if i hit a hard bump... After driving it around for about 50 miles it seems like i wont have a problem... I just dont know if i can go any lower without rolling the fenders or something...

Datsun+620+wheels+01.jpg

Datsun+620+wheels+02.jpg

Datsun+620+wheels+03.jpg

• Like 2

Great looking truck, the rear bumper is a good thing to have if you ever get hit in the rear, my big old ugly bumper saved mine once

I bought some cheapo bumpers from ebay/thailand.  They are the individual left and right bumpers, but i dont know if im crazy about them.  Plus i would have to weld up some custom mounts for them.  Not planning on driving this thing much more this year, as the salt is starting to come out...   And I would die if i got rear ended on some ice...

Great looking truck!

Do you still have the bed rails?

I had the rails and the bull bar somewhere, but i think someone swiped them from me... :(

• 10 months later...

Been awhile since ive posted much... Been driving the truck all summer as a DD.  Just did a valve adjustment on it and converted it to electronic ignition a few months ago..  Also put some wilwood discs on the front...

Its a L18 with a 4 speed... Has electronic ignition, and weber 32/36 carb.... 

I have a laundry list to do for this winter:

Replace floor pans:  Both sides are rusted through in spots... already have the new pans... just need some time and another car to drive while i do it...

Fit Headers:  Bought some cheapo ceramic coasted headers from ebay... Ive heard bad things about them but im gonna take the risk... worst case and ill make my own this winter/next spring.

Coat underside, and paint a few pieces...

Cam:  Ive been wanting to get a cam put in this motor... any reccos?  I want something mild and streetable... This is a DD but a leisurely one.  A cam where i can keep my stock springs, lash caps etc would be a plus, as im kind of in the dark knowledge wise here...  

Here it is as it sits right now... 

Rusty%2Bxs%2B21.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm with some of the others, those stock steelies with caps are the best looking and most timeless wheels they will ever make for that truck B)  Most valuable to have with it down the road as well ;) Maybe all of us "keep them original guys" are just old souls. But I understand personalizing a vehicle as well and they don't look bad or goddy. Regardless, beautiful truck and what a kool stock color. I just envy you sir  :sleep: