$90 Parts car Paid For itself X10

I bought this car for $90. It is a 79 B210. It has a A14 and a 5speed. Found it on a back street in puyallup whyle chasing down a yard sale. I swapped all the seats(reclining) and the door and fender I needed. SCORE! Now Im gonna swap the other door and fender cause they dont have the holes from the body molding, and they are B210 doors with the arm rests. I am also gonna swap the dash cause it is the woodgrain one and it is in better condition. The dashpad is also in premo condition and it will also be swapped with the cracked one from my car. I needed one of the pop out windows, so I got that too. I got a kid that wants to give me $100 for it on friday so I got a deadline!

Here are pictures of my day. The 3 hour process that is a major part swap!

t_PIC0600m_28f5002.jpg

t_PIC0601m_4e03c53.jpg

t_PIC0602m_adecaa4.jpg

t_PIC0604m_e2d6b3b.jpg

t_PIC0610m_995c4db.jpg

t_PIC0609m_782abb6.jpg

t_PIC0607m_b23c238.jpg

t_PIC0605m_b037f5e.jpg

t_PIC0606m_d766c11.jpg

t_PIC0612m_4f3ba17.jpg

t_PIC0611m_14618da.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am supposed to be selling the whole car next weekend for $100. The motor and tranny are pretty mutch worked over. The tranny is a wierd shift pattern and is hella loose. We spent about 30 min with my sledge hammer. a jack, and some dunnage, and fixed the rear quite a bit. This will still be a good car even after I swap out all the good stuff.

t_PIC0613m_0543cd9.jpg

t_PIC0614m_f885466.jpg

I have decided to swap out the other side fender and door aswell. It has the Arm rest instead of the handle and mine is rusty as is the fender. This is the parts car with my left side, grille and bumper.

t_PIC0615m_98ce3b1.jpg

t_PIC0616m_07d5954.jpg

Guest DatsuNoob

Hella tite flame job doood!! Any horsepower gains with them? I think your top speed would be better, atleast it looks faster with 'em :D Now you got matching flames on both sides! Why not swap the hood too to complete the look? Maybe even fake carbon fiber it like Matt's with the silver and black rattle can and drywall mesh tape. HAHAHAHA

Yea it is faster for sure. Got the pass side all swapped today, sunk the front bumper and reinstalled the driving lights. Now it is uber sweet looking! All I gotta do now is find some cool lookin orange paint.

I love when shit like that happens!!! Everybody wins!

The 5 spd might be a dog leg pattern with the monkey motion shifter. The sloppy shift can be stiffened up. Unless it's being sold as a runner, I'd grab the tranny but mostly the clutch, flywheel, slave, clutch m/c/ and pedals, in case I was to go to standard later.

As for the bumpers, I may be wrong but I believe that the original bumpers were designed to fit the body, you know, to look right. North AM regulations , bumper shocks, 5 MPH crash test crap did away with them and those monstrous things were added.

I just put custom brass bushings to tighten up my 4-speed manual and the 5-sp tries to jumo out of reverse, also the clutch is going. It can stay. Today we sunk the bumper in the front by drilling out the shocks and pushing it in. Then we put self tappers in to hold it firm. I also got the rest of the body pannels swapped out. I do believe that I will swap the hood and the cowel pannel aswell. The more I look at this punkin the more rust I see. Then all there is left to do is the dash pad and guage face. I am going to use the stock interior mirror upside down on the dash, I think this will be cool and go with the euro look Im going for. I will later put 60s' Mopar mirrors on the front fenders.

Dont talk about it, Be about it!

Yea I dont have any problems with my 4-sp. And I thought about just swapping the trannys but I dont like the shift pattern, and the stick and clutch are going. I figure my end result is gonna be a 2.0 anyway so I should leave it alone till I get what I want. Need to start scouering Pull-A-Part for a motor and tranny! I am also looking for off color discount paint at the paint store. Gotta be orange though!

Yea I dont have any problems with my 4-sp. And I thought about just swapping the trannys but I dont like the shift pattern, and the stick and clutch are going. I figure my end result is gonna be a 2.0 anyway so I should leave it alone till I get what I want. Need to start scouering Pull-A-Part for a motor and tranny! I am also looking for off color discount paint at the paint store. Gotta be orange though!

If you're going to rebuild an L20B, I have one in my '78 parts truck. I drove it home last fall but took it easy 'cause I didn't insure it, just put my '78 plate on it. I didn't drive it enough to get a good idea of it's condition (did the speed limit, didn't see smoke) but it is an automatic, so very difficult to pound on it right? Speedo says 97,000 klicks so probably 197,000. The carb has the choke stuck, but didn't want to give that advice away to the owner or he might have kept it! It didn't overheat and no knocks. It probably needs everything adjusted and tuned and still has the rad coolant full. Has a remote igniter box EI dizzy too. It's an auto but I'm sure I have a 6 bolt flywheel around, and I definitely have one on my Z20e motor but will need to be turned. Or you could run it as an automatic! I'm on Vancouver Island just north of you, a tank of gas to get here and a ferry ride.

HEY Check out the Trucks section Sad Day by Charboucher says he has a spare motor as well. Give him a call.

So I bought a set of polished slotted mags for $150. Bought them from a friend of mine. When I went to the tire shop(after spending $30 on nuts and washers) I found out that one of them was the wrong bolt pattern. My friend is gonna make good on that! But When I was putting them on the rear luggs stripped whyle taking them off to hit the inner quarter pannel lip for clearance. Any one else had this problem? I did get 2 on the back and they look AWSOME. I put the stock center cap on one of them for the pics. Gonna do some testing to see if it will stay. I am sooo excited about my progress on this car and it wouldnt be possable without this forum. So Thanks!

t_PIC0627m_766b35e.jpg

t_PIC0628m_d2054c2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...