Hardbody vs. Z32 calipers for disk conversion?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is your L packing that much heat that you need the amount of WhoaDown Z calipers will provide?

They won't match the rears.

You will need wheel spacers.

I think the Hardbody calipers are more than competent enough.

Get the proper master and you will have zero complaints.

Personally, I think they look good.

Will you be doing the rears also?

Is your L packing that much heat that you need the amount of WhoaDown Z calipers will provide?

They won't match the rears.

You will need wheel spacers.

I think the Hardbody calipers are more than competent enough.

Get the proper master and you will have zero complaints.

Personally, I think they look good.

Will you be doing the rears also?

Well I do a lot of high speed cornering. I'd like to get some track days in at Road Atlanta in the future so I need to be able to brake hard. 

We also have the Tail of the Dragon (in the mountains) that I'd like to power down. 

I plan on doing the rears as well soon. I want to best braking I can get for the $$$. If I can get the Z32 calipers for near the same price as hardbody, I figure I'll get the Z32. 

The hardbody has 2 large pistons, Z32 has 4 small. Decisions decisions. 

i have the z32 set up on my 521. I never got them working properly because i eather had a leak in the lines, bad master, rear breaks were seized up, or just air in lines. but the little that i had it felt great.

flatcat is correct, I had to run 1.25 spacers/adapters for my rims to clear my calipers.

with both swaps you will need to get the 15/16 master or the 7/8.

15/16 is a little harder to find a rebuild kit for mine so after it went i got a 7/8.

I really want the Z32 setup because I'm looking to really get my truck stopping hard and quick. 

I have a new master, but I'm not sure what size. I'll have to look when I come back from vacation. 

So you're saying that the Z32 calipers are physically larger and may have trouble clearing even 15' rims??

well dawa over here is runnin the beebani brackets, aluminum 26mm z32 calipers, and isuzu rodeo/passport rotors.

without a spacer and

with the stock BMC.

you just need a set of wheels with an interior wheel face design thatll clear the calipers.

i can hook you up ;)

as for the bmc, initially i didnt like the pedal feel and wanted it a lil firmer but now i like it and i might not ever change it out. 

im running the Z calipers strictly because of the Nissan emblem. 

however, i did do the math and 4 pots offer more surface area than all the other options. 

you cant run the 30mm calipers because there isnt a known rotor of matching thickness. 

one option is to have the z32 30mm rotor drilled/machined for 6 lug. bee also offers this but it aint cheap. ($600)

twinturbo.net if you want cheap ass 26mm Z32 calipers. People dump these all the time because they are insuffencient for the heavy ass Z. Even the 30mm's aren't enough. Most people upgrade and 26mm are very undesirable for the Z32 platform. Less monies yo.

ive got 26mm on my truck, 30s on my 240(sx) and z32. 

not really commenting on your post, draker. just blabbing at the mouth about how i got them on 'so many'

vehicles :P

lol. z32 calipers arent too braggy :P

but now that i think about it.... if we can run z32s then 

we can run evo and sti set ups, because that was 

what i was considering doing with my s14, before i wrecked it 

• 1 year later...

well dawa over here is runnin the beebani brackets, aluminum 26mm z32 calipers, and isuzu rodeo/passport rotors.

without a spacer and

with the stock BMC.

you just need a set of wheels with an interior wheel face design thatll clear the calipers.

i can hook you up ;)

I have a set of Z32 calipers I was originally going to use on a 510 (I think) collecting dust.  Would definitely like to know what wheels will work with these calipers on a 521,  pictures?  thanks