Choptana: a chop/ped fon/tana truck

Steroid

Thank You guys!! It still has to be rubbed out and a few other things done. Here are a couple of photos at it's first run (along with Funtana to compare rooflines) It got the "wild thing" trophy for "strangest" vehicle!!!! They loved the exhaust..... I revved it up against a guy in a Chevelle and the croud clapped (maybe for HIM!!!). Yes, those are $30.00 Walmart video rocker chairs!! I still haven't bolted them in!!! They have not moved, though, as the seat rail is pressing into the bottom of the seat and it's "pinched" under the rear window rail. I know, I know... I'll get engine pictures posted soon!!!

fandc9-27-08.jpg

fandc9-28-08.jpg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

No thong yet but here are the engine photos that I promised:

Choptanaengine.jpg

Choptanaengine2.jpg

Yeah, it's THAT low.................

Choptanaspoiler.jpg

And THATS how We round up the MEAT for CHICKSADA ! ! ! !

Pete Brock. The INVENTOR of the 620 front spoiler. He was blown away to see one once again after 30+ years! What a cool and gracious guy to have the opportunity to meet!!

MikeandPeteBrock.jpg

Hey Dave,

Do You have any photos of the truck when it was Dave's? I had some on Our old computer, but nothing now. There were photos that He sent Me to show what it looked like before I bought the cab with the bubble flares. If You have those, can You post them?

Thank You guys!!!! One of You has to come down/over here and help Me detail the engine compartment!! I am somewhat at a loss as what to do. As the truck was SUPPOSED to be "ratrod" dull primer, not gloss, I was just going to leave the engine "dirty" like You see it here. Now what do I do???? I am definately thinking about braided steel line coverings (not $$$$ for the real stuff) and maybe paint the brakelines and relays red. I cann't stand the red hoses but that was all the parts store had that day. I don't see painting the block and definately NO chrome. I think a red painted valve cover would be too much red. I do plan to get red sparkplug wires. Any ideas??

More than likely Mike ill be over there in Jan. for a mini vacation. If you can wait we can work on the engine bay then. May i suggest painting everything thats not already glossy black with a FLAT black. IE: brake master,resevoir caps, brake lines....etc... I have that steel braided hose covers that GUy gave me I can bring over,,didnt you get some too? For the valve cover how bout a flat black & hand paint all the raised sections a gloss red?? Heres a shot of her at JCCS a few weeks ago.......

DSC01311.jpg

Edited by Pacific coast Datsun
fernan-***?
  • 6 months later...

Nice truck hem I mean steroid. I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes having big fatty tires on the back of my truck. Any idea if the suspension on the front of that is different cuz with the smaller wheels up front it looks like front wheels are out further but well I guess thats an optical illusion with the big fatties on the back.

my 74 is staying the way it is, but I would love to get one of those hoods.

And ya know somthing, I've been through Bullhead City quite a few times. Never had the time to stop accept once but I had to take a swim in that swift colorado river. I'd love to come down there again just to hang out.

Oh, and you should paint a bulls eye on the back of your rearend differential since you live in BullHead :D

Edited by LCDC
How does one drive this thing. My head hit the roof of the 620 when I got the truck when I was 13, and I have always had to tilt my head while driving it. I'm guessing you aren't over 6' tall :)

Not a huge fan of the square headlights, but props on the work going into the truck.

Kewl thing about those head lights is that they come off a freight liner truck. I'm considering using the square head lights on my 79 i just picked up just because I dont have any extra bezel grills to put on there instead of that newer grill.

Those seats do look kinda funky, looks like you would slide right out of em the moment you sat down. :D

• 3 weeks later...

My buddy had a chop top 620 back in the early 80's. The seat of choice back then was Porsche 914 buckets. You could find them all day long in the junk yards, and they fit perfectly. They sit real low, and with minimal mods, even the sliders worked. Man your truck brings back memories...

Edited by nl320_1963
spelling
  • 2 months later...

your truck is bitchin'!

like the idea of 914/6 seats. but not likely to find any here in Thailand!

Props on the dedication that kind of project takes! wish I had the time and the money. then I'd have no excuse not to aquire the skills!

• 11 months later...