Trying to make my goon look nice how can I......

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Win!   detail her.  Make that paint shine.  You will fall in love and get motivated.  And you will make everyone on the road happy as you drive by.  And wear headphones while getting gas, cause every time you do someone will tell you about the five ten they had... and crashed.    

Yeah, don't bother with the cancer.  Just polish the paint and run it.  Let the next person fix the rust.  I like to use Meguire's Fine Cut Cleaner, sold at the parts store.  If you don't have a buffer, you can still just use a micro fiber cloth and your elbow grease. 

Here are a couple pics.

I just went out to the garage and did this for your benefit.  I plan to take the buffer and these product to the car this winter. (Long winters up here).

You can see where I rubbed the paint, it now shows the reflection of the shop light.

004-6.jpg

007-3.jpg

• Like 2

I am hesitant to lead you down the road of 2000 grit sandpaper.  Easy to mess things up.  But if you are good with your hands, and willing to read up on it, you can really get some ridiculous results.  Do all of the other stuff first though.  Goal is to get her nice, drive her, then make her amazing this winter.  

The car is from California, I had it shipped to Kansas, then I ended up moving to Alaska back in May. 

Your car is fixable.  But it will take lots of time and money.  Paint jobs are the most costly thing to do with any car. 

Here's what usually happens: 

Car gets bought.  Owner wants a nice clean driver.  So owner strips the car down to repair the rust and paint it.  Owner either doesn't have the cash to finish in timely manner, or life pulls owner away, or owner loses interest and ends up selling the car.

If you get the car runnig and driving well, make sure everything including all the electricals work, get the interior clean and looking nice, polish the paint, maybe replace some of the exterior trim parts that don't look so good, replace cracked or broken lenses and plastic, Clean and repaint the grill and headlight surrounds*** this really does wonders***...... Lower it, and put some wheels on it (280zx wheels are cheap ($150 or so for a set, lightweight, abundant and look pretty good). At that point, you won't have too much money into it... Assuming you did't pay too much for the car.... And you should be able to easily get your money back or make a little on the car.  In the mean time, enjoy the car, get to know it, and look for a better one.

1982 280zx wheels... Still needs to be lowered....

279.jpg

I want a 2 door so bad I love your car it's nasty.

My buddy does body work he told me to by a beater so we can fix the goon up and he's not Charging me to fix it only the Material. I won't lose Interest I like my old Skool.

I Traded my 90 Acura Integra and everyone said I was crazy lol

So it's better if a look for a Better one?

.....I go by my proverb of:  Spend more, get more. Save time and money.....  If you have a guy that will do the body work, and you trust his work, and trust he will get the car done in a timely manner.... Then that sounds pretty good... Too good?

You will have to make that decision.  It really depends how much money you have in it.  How much you have to spend on it.  How much you want to spend on it. 

That being said, I still say drive it for the rest of the summer, work out the glitches, then make the decision. 

• Like 1