240z Orange Mekanic

-JFK-

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can do it..pretty easy..I just didnt want to spend the money on my sons first car.....PM me if you want some info from our R&D ...lol

I like looking at it. I don't think I would do it to my car. I can't imagine it will handle as well with bags..

I like looking at it. I don't think I would do it to my car. I can't imagine it will handle as well with bags..

Datrod,

I know what you mean, I use to be pretty anti air when it comes to handling, and pretty much still am due to....well I guess some of it is just being a bit stuck in the mind et, another reason is cost.

In order to have air ride that handels DECENT/GOOD, you have to spend more then you would on conventional coil over set up, or the like.

But there are companies that make a good handling air struts, its just the matter of what your vision is for your project. But yes, you can get a vehicle to handle with air struts, compete in a race circuit...NO...but for what most of the peeps do...yes.

There are some air stuts that work very much like coilover set up in that they have adjustable valveing, increased un-sprung weight as delfation accurs, and other attributes.

Most people dont research, or make the mistake of listening to the masses, before making a purchase...ride suffers, or system wares out premature..whatever.

If you have a car thats worth spending the money on, then Im all for having easy adjustable good handling air struts.....or just do it because you want to...I try not to judge too much..unless someone starts making BS claims. For me though...since the good air stuts have been out, I have not had anything yet that I want to spend THAT much $$$ for what they do....but you can do it cheaper...just wont be as nice...

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...