Dropping in!

Hello Ratsun-

It's Micatom33 here. Long time watching and reading thought I would join.  I bought my first 510 in 85 for $1000.00 had it for 11 years then ended up selling it for 400. :confused:  Well as it goes I immeadiatly regreted that.  So here I am many years later and now I have a 2dr and a 4dr. Life is good.  The 2dr is my driver and the 4dr is work in progesss for my wife. If I really put my nose tothe grindstone I could maybe finish it within a week? No rush ahahaha. Still working on getting pics up. I will read the "how to" and take care of that soon.

th_Untitled00000-01_zps61daf6c4.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Ah good news.  The 69 started up yesterday and we drove it around in some doughnut type circles at a rapid speed.  Just need to hook up a couple more things and she will be on the road. I will post more pics this weekend. Have a small punch list going that should not be that hard to take care of. :w00t:

At this point this is what I need to get done.

finish trunk battery relocation

wiper fluid hose

wiper fluid

new cap/rotor,plugs,wires

adjust valves

fix exhaust leaks/maybe get all new

rig up throttle kick down cable

It's an automatic for now.  I have the 5speed sitting there but thats the way she wants it.

:pirate: Hope to be able to drive both to some kind of meet soon....to be continued

At this point this is what I need to get done.

rig up throttle kick down cable

It's an automatic for now.  I have the 5speed sitting there but thats the way she wants it.

:pirate: Hope to be able to drive both to some kind of meet soon....to be continued

It sounds to me that you have a British Borg Warner transmission.  Properly setting the mechanical kick down cable is best left to a professional.  To adjust it you need to tap into the internal hydraulic circuit , hook up a pressure meter and pray that you don't over rev the transmission and ruin it.  The adjustment is time critical.  The mechanical cable should never be lubricated.  Be careful and the BW can last a very long time.  Mine is 46 years old.

Just need to figure out what I am going to do with the black and yellow wires that used to go to the start inhibitor thingy.  I should most likely put them back where I found them.  Next step in the process is to tap into/onto the black yellow on back of ignition switch to send power to solinoid in trunk.  I ran it for a few days without this setup and it was running out of power or something. Not sure the alternator charge was getting to the battery.  This new wire should fix it.  Oh and first I bought a power block from best buy and guess what?  I also went to the stereo shop and they had  a better block same brand for $10. instead of the $31.00 ! I spent at best buy :wacko:  thats crazy I will be taking that one back.  So for $54. 00 at the stereo shop I was able to buy the power block, 17 feet of 8 guage wire, a 60amp fuse and fuse holder and a couple of other pices of wire that I just may find a use for.  Now just need to rewrap those engine bay wires.