1200 autocross project Texas

Good work the pans look good. Mine on the other hand look like they sailed the Atlantic and sunk at sea.

With the por15......do you apply it on bare metal? Does go on as a spray? Roller? Brush?

It's all been brushed on. And applied to POR15 prepped metal.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

The left rear quadrant where the left rear spring shackle attaches. Lots of hours stripping the hard to reach areas in the back half of the car.

JPEG_20160711_192104_2121937641_zpsvsmlu

About to remove the differential bump stop to clean and prep the upper part of the rear floor pan.

JPEG_20160713_191920_1810934761_zps2xnnq

• Like 1

Unfortunately one of the exhaust manifold studs was compromised and broke off with very little pressure.

20160528_181726_zpsi6hs55so.jpg

What are you doing about the busted stud?  I may or may not have a spare ceramic coated 4-2-1 A-series manifold at the shop.  We'll need to check with John to see if it is actually a spare though.

• Like 2

What are you doing about the busted stud?  I may or may not have a spare ceramic coated 4-2-1 A-series manifold at the shop.  We'll need to check with John to see if it is actually a spare though.

Option the second, weld a nut onto the broken stud. Usually the heat from doing that will make it break loose and unscrew from the manifold. 

• Like 2

If it is a spare, I would be interested.

Checked out the front side marker lights and the reflector and bulb sockets were toast.

20160719_195416_zpsnidckagg.jpg

Ebay had aftermarket side marker lights from Thailand listed for the 1200 but I could tell they weren't even close to being the right size. I only need the reflector/bulb assembly and will be able to make it work with the original lens assembly. Less than 20 bucks including shipping. Not much to loose.

20160719_195318_zpsvsoyncig.jpg

The new reflectors are a little too long and a little too narrow but I can make them work.

20160719_195636_zpspgh1yxyv.jpg

A little work with a nibbling tool and the lenght is perfect.

20160719_195644_zps646cg6ui.jpg

The new reflector in the original rubber mounting. Not correct, but fixable.

20160719_195705_zpsbnlf11vb.jpg

I know why. Those sidelights you bought are for the ute model..i.e. B120.

But kudos for making them work

I can seal the gaps from the back side of the assembly to make them waterproof. Then spray on the POR 15 undercoat to finish off the job.

• 2 weeks later...

You know those bolt straight on as is, right?   ^_^

20160716_132703.jpg

You know those bolt straight on as is, right?   ^_^

20160716_132703.jpg

Yes, but I would like to keep the original lenses as they are in very good shape. The reflectors and electrical parts are toast..

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...