The other Matt's 72 510 Wagon Build thread

Whats up ratsun, My name is Matt and ive been on ratsun for a couple years or so pretty much just trolling various 510 builds and parts threads. Seeing "Son of a datsun guys's" wagon build thread kind of inspired me to do one. Now I think is the time since its summer and I have some free time. Enough talk, Ratsun likes oics, Here is the car....

4BB3D380-731F-44C1-A231-CF7D55FD3154-164

736E1BC5-7433-4001-8862-97823A1E7C2B-159

7E32C5BE-AD7C-4300-AE71-605511668E10-164

2F635C82-9289-413E-ACB0-3B24426E5D43-164

55AC1174-06E4-420F-91CA-FD3684FEBCBE-164

The story is that in 2009 I think, me and my dad came to canby show from the bay area. 1500 bucks later we came home with a wagon. That's pretty much it. The goon has gone on a few 1000+ mile trips and been a DD. It has ran like a dream. I think the carb and water pump have been the only things that has kept this fine automobile off the street. The plan with this car is to drive it. To enjoy driving it. I want MOAR LOWAR but not enough to really sacrifice driveability. I do not by any means want a show car or a 10 second car, I want a cool, drive-able 510 wagon. By still sticking with a datsun motor, like an L20b, I have an engine that I can work on myself unlike a KA or SR swap. And it has a little more power than my gutless L16  :thumbup:

How it sits now

• 14x6.5 riken mesh rims
  • Zx 5 speed tranny 
  • Dash Clock
  • Weber downdraft carb
  • 2 inch lowering blocks in the rear 
  • New Clutch 
  • Yakima roof rack
  • 90's eclipse front seats
  • L16

WTB LIST:

-L20b

-Good shape SU carbs

-SU manifold 

-6 bolt steering wheel hub for the 510

-Fender mirrors

-Used camber plates

-Always looking for solid front fenders

-wagon carpet kit

-Header for and L series

PM me if you have anything, and ill be updating constantly 

-

• Like 3
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

nice progress man. how low are you going for?

Before tunnel surgery is done, I'm looking at around 4 inches below stock all around with my shortened fronts and air shocks, lowering blocks, modified leaf spring in the rear.

After tunnel surgery, I might go with a composite leaf that'll drop it a little lower

And I'm sitting on 14's so that gets me a little lower as well :)

• 4 weeks later...

Although my car isn't pristine and worth a ton, I do love It and would hate for something to happen to it. After my pops was able to open and start my car with a completely different key I decided to invest in a steering wheel quick release. Its better than having nothing at all so I talked to my buddy Hide at static 9 garage in south city and he hooked me up with a quick release and short hub. 

null_zps23b1c770.jpg

Although my car isn't pristine and worth a ton, I do love It and would hate for something to happen to it. After my pops was able to open and start my car with a completely different key I decided to invest in a steering wheel quick release. Its better than having nothing at all so I talked to my buddy Hide at static 9 garage in south city and he hooked me up with a quick release and short hub. 

null_zps23b1c770.jpg

Sweet, was just looking into this. 

Also, kill switches are easy to do. Your dad probably has some ideas for those too.