did 72-510s come with a tac???

oldgasman

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

White and early orange needle were two wire inductive, being connected in line with the coil and the points. From Aug '72 on the orange needle was a single wire and connected in parallel with the coil.

Were the Tachs with white needles the ones in the SSS models? Just wondering the history on the white vs. red needle tachs.

There were also Bass model Coupes that may have had the standard 510 dash. The SSS models had special 6 pod dashes with tachs and gauges... weather the tach would fit a non coupe is unknown. The Coupe ran from '69 through '71.

The '70 year Coupe has a Bass, Sport and SSS model. The Sport Coupe had everything the SSS had but without the L16SSS engine with the dual carbs.

The '71 Coupe saw the tach needles changed to red from white and the addition of the L18SSS as well as keeping the L16SSS engine.

There were no '72 Coupes.

• Like 1

With a tooth pick and some nail polish you can make it any color you want.

This was definitely not painted.. I didn't know much about it.. but next time I stop by this guys place.. I'll try to buy it. Who knows when that will be.