Acuna989 72 510

Acuna989

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the site. Great first post... 

The car looks to be in fantastic shape. Make sure you take a look around and utilize the search function to help answer most of your questions. Im sure every question you have someone else had as well. 

Once again, welcome. 

The guy was asking 5700 and I got it for 4900. The body is definitely in decent condition for a 72, I could only find two bondo spots and there not that big. Wish it would of came with some extras but hey I'm happy with what I got. It seems like 6000 is the magic number right now for a decent 510. I'm pretty jealous of the people who pick up 510's for like 500 bucks.

Plans for the near future is wheels, brakes and suspension in about 6 months. Most likely going with the techno toy setup on some 14x7 https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/510 / I'm undecided about the brake set up. I want to try to use mostly used parts on the car except for the suspension. The KA and body will come in about a years time. Thinking about rattle canning it white for the meen time. It will evenly get sprayed GT-R Gun Metallic.

Welcome to the show.  If you think that is the ugliest 510 you've ever seen.....maybe you haven't seen enough of them :poke:

Nice first post

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to be harsh, but spray painting a car is a really stupid idea. It always looks bad. If you think it's ugly now, just wait until you spray paint it. You'll devalue the car by $1000 right off the bat. If for some reason you need to sell it next month, you'll be losing money. Just leave it alone until you can afford a few thousand for a nice paint job. At least half the 510's out there look worse than yours does, don't ruin a good thing.

Heh this is Ratsun! If you think you have the ugliest 510 you haven't looked around the site enough yet. This looks to be in fantastic shape. You should be really happy with the buy. I know we often get buyers remorse after spending cash, especially when there are those oddball stories of $500 dimes out there, but to me you are way ahead here and it was worth the investment up front.

Before you rattle can it, lower it, get some bumpers on there (I like bumpers on dimes), some sick wheels and see how you feel.

Nice car dude! Welcome!

Little update, sadly I did have to let the maroon 510 go. After purchasing the car I was doing some after buying searching on Craigslist when I stumbled across an add for three datsuns for sale in the general section. One being a blue 1971 2 door 510 in mountview Ca. It looked to be a pretty good deal , me being new to the scene and living relatively close, I figured I would just go check it out and maybe learn something new. Long story short, I loved the car. I ended up working out a non refund $500 deposit with the ownner for three weeks to come up with the extra cash. I ended up taking out a personal loan to buy it in the first week. I almost kept' the Maroon 510 as a daily driver, but decided it was smarter to pay most of the loan back and keep a little extra for my wedding coming up next month. Besides, I already have an 87 tercel wagon 4x4 sitting in my back yard waiting for me to drop an engine in it.

Haven't got a chance to take any pics yet. I work on the weekends. Looking foward to getting it in the garage and doing some work on it. I need to drop in another five speed on Friday because the one it came with is toast. I'll update with some pics in a few days. A little teaser for now.......

C9C46551-4342-4A0F-BA72-8A1471D3D421-152

• Like 1

Little update, sadly I did have to let the maroon 510 go. After purchasing the car I was doing some after buying searching on Craigslist when I stumbled across an add for three datsuns for sale in the general section. One being a blue 1971 2 door 510 in mountview Ca. It looked to be a pretty good deal , me being new to the scene and living relatively close, I figured I would just go check it out and maybe learn something new. Long story short, I loved the car. I ended up working out a non refund $500 deposit with the ownner for three weeks to come up with the extra cash. I ended up taking out a personal loan to buy it in the first week. I almost kept' the Maroon 510 as a daily driver, but decided it was smarter to pay most of the loan back and keep a little extra for my wedding coming up next month. Besides, I already have an 87 tercel wagon 4x4 sitting in my back yard waiting for me to drop an engine in it.

Haven't got a chance to take any pics yet. I work on the weekends. Looking foward to getting it in the garage and doing some work on it. I need to drop in another five speed on Friday because the one it came with is toast. I'll update with some pics in a few days. A little teaser for now.......

C9C46551-4342-4A0F-BA72-8A1471D3D421-152

Nice! Makes sense to sell the other in favor of another.

Finally got some time to work on her and take some pics. Didn't get a very big window to get anything done, it was a 112 in my garage by 1 o'clock. Just trying to make it feel more like mine at this moment. Repainted the front bumper side vents and taillight bezels. some sticker removal. Today I'm picking up some new carpet from Mario, hopefully ill get the transmission and the carpet done this weekend. Decide to ditch the KA route and go with an L- series.... I love the way this car sounds and drives.

1971 Datsun 510

Some info about the car.

L16 engine, Duel side draft Webers , A87 Head, Performance camshaft, 14" 240z wheels,280zx front and rear brakes, Coilovers front and back (home made), 280z SPEEDO, 3.70 lsd, rear sway bar, Miata seats, Aftermarket headers and exaust. LED dome light, grant steering wheel and most important no rust, straight body and no bondoo. 

036_zpsa22a2f63.jpg

029_zps7c0d6560.jpg

023_zps3f3c8bd3.jpg

022_zpscc766536.jpg037_zpsd17af6b4.jpg

031_zps1ae0359b.jpg[/url]

032_zps9a940e2f.jpg

034_zps4efe035f.jpg075_zps9140bb3b.jpg

058_zpsf54575b8.jpg

• Like 2

Finally got some time to work on her and take some pics. Didn't get a very big window to get anything done, it was a 112 in my garage by 1 o'clock. Just trying to make it feel more like mine at this moment. Repainted the front bumper side vents and taillight bezels. some sticker removal. Today I'm picking up some new carpet from Mario, hopefully ill get the transmission and the carpet done this weekend. Decide to ditch the KA route and go with an L- series.... I love the way this car sounds and drives.

1971 Datsun 510

Some info about the car.

L16 engine, Duel side draft Webers , A87 Head, Performance camshaft, 14" 240z wheels,280zx front and rear brakes, Coilovers front and back (home made), 280z SPEEDO, 3.70 lsd, rear sway bar, Miata seats, Aftermarket headers and exaust. LED dome light, grant steering wheel and most important no rust, straight body and no bondoo. 

036_zpsa22a2f63.jpg

029_zps7c0d6560.jpg

023_zps3f3c8bd3.jpg

022_zpscc766536.jpg037_zpsd17af6b4.jpg

031_zps1ae0359b.jpg[/url]

032_zps9a940e2f.jpg

034_zps4efe035f.jpg075_zps9140bb3b.jpg

058_zpsf54575b8.jpg

Hell yea I would of ditched the other one too man

I've never seen z 6-spoke wheels painted like that. Looks great. Can you take a pic of the wheels so I can see it better?

Car looks amazing man!

I've never seen z 6-spoke wheels painted like that. Looks great. Can you take a pic of the wheels so I can see it better?

Car looks amazing man!

Thanks, this was the best pic of the wheels when I brought her home. 020_zpsb0d9be3c.jpgThe white black and red are all stickers. I'm not sure what was used on the spokes, maybe some kind of anti slip pad?.... Been trying to switch things up. I took the red off and plastidiped the center caps. Probably not going to keep them that way, just messing around.

BC079992-0D41-4F38-B333-19C0CBD17661-772