My '75 710 build

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I do, I think its mainly the angle of the picture, but its very close to positive, the camber plates I have on the coils are set all the way to camber it as much as possible, but it doesn't do much. I think I need to buy adjustable control arms if I want any, but once I get a daily driver, that's one of the first things I'll do, and i'll lower it with better tires

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Pictures will be put up tonight, some changes were made and I need to ask a couple of questions about the lowering block u bolts if anyone will be up. Mainly concerned about how much I would have to bend them, it's not that much but I'm just wondering if anyone has had to do the same on their car.

I got a set of H-190 U bolts and 2" blocks (probably for a 620) at Canby. Late in the day deals to be made.

I fit them to my H-165 710 rear axle by simply pounding the U a little tighter to fit the mounting plates. Fit's perfectly! Even added an extra leaf to stiffen.

710rearbumpstops002Large.jpg

• Like 2

That's odd - on my 710, the parking brake cable hooks up the the rear axle on the passengers side instead of the drivers side.

I got a set of H-190 U bolts and 2" blocks (probably for a 620) at Canby. Late in the day deals to be made.

I fit them to my H-165 710 rear axle by simply pounding the U a little tighter to fit the mounting plates. Fit's perfectly! Even added an extra leaf to stiffen.

710rearbumpstops002Large.jpg

• Like 1

Ive been having some computer problems lately so i can finally upload them now. I was able to plasti dip it in November and its held up really good in general. Not much has happened over the winter, I'm not sure if I should do a sr20de swap or not. I can get the motor for cheap, and through what I have read, the de's don't need much modification to fit inside the 710.

Here's the pics!!

g2r15V9.jpg

lOvjcVZ.jpg

And thanks for the help with the blocks, my parking brake is also on the passenger side. I'll put up pictures soon of the u-bolts that I have and how much I would need to bend them in order for them to fit.

EDIT JAN 2020: Pictures reuploaded due to photobucket issues.

Edited by shakotan710
Photobucket...
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Another update, I ended up buying an sr20de for pretty cheap, and by what I've heard from a couple of different people that have done this swap, it should be easy, but I am ready for any obstacles so it isn't a big deal if there are problems along the way. Pictures will be up in the next week or so, and I took the head to a shop to get a valve job, pressure check, and a resurface. It looks like the 1st cylinder had something on top of the piston. The guy at the shop said it could've been the electrode to the spark plug

Sweet deal on the SR man. That should scream in your 710. Im not super familiar with the SR20DE. Is this the single or dual overhead cam? I was really digging the raw finish you had but that plastidip looks great bro. Keep up the good work. Were you able to find some blocks for the rear end to squat it more?

SR swap is not easy, but is kinda well documented.

Another update, I ended up buying an sr20de for pretty cheap, and by what I've heard from a couple of different people that have done this swap, it should be easy, but I am ready for any obstacles so it isn't a big deal if there are problems along the way.

• Like 1

SR swap is not easy.

Thats what I was thinking otherwise there wounldt be a "forsale" section full of these incomplete SR/KA swaps.

good luck with swap. Just cause motor is cheap doenst mean its going to be cheap to do the swap right.

cound be over 2K $ all said and done if not more.

I smashed electrod is nothing. swap plug and drive it

I am ready for any obstacles so it isn't a big deal if there are problems along the way??????????

there is a big OBSTACLE:

your still in school!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

SR swap is not easy.Thats what I was thinking otherwise there wounldt be a "forsale" section full of these incomplete SR/KA swaps.good luck with swap. Just cause motor is cheap doenst mean its going to be cheap to do the swap right.cound be over 2K $ all said and done if not more.I smashed electrod is nothing. swap plug and drive itI am ready for any obstacles so it isn't a big deal if there are problems along the way??????????there is a big OBSTACLE:your still in school!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, My school is only a 10 minute drive from my house and this semester is easy, and school is pretty easy to me, so I'll see what happens, school always comes first though

how much did the plasti dip cost? and how is the durability i rattle canned my car but it hasnt held up well if its a cheap way to seal the car till i can get real paint on it ill do it

It was $450 shipped for the whole kit, probably just $200 in paint if you have the other supplies, and it holds up really well as long as everything is cleaned before spraying, I'll put up some pictures of where it bubbled from oils that weren't removed and painted over