Royal Sierra

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im not getting this one?

When doiing a motor swap from a L motor to a L motor there isnt much to do.

The wiring stays in intack. just pull the distributor if that and its just the point wire(s).

the ballast coil wires should stay from the vehicle.alway use the distributor you had privously to get it runn before swapping to another ignition just so you dodnt add a bad part to the mix and harder to trouble shoot

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So update on electrical. took it to a local guy whos been doing 510 swaps for a long time. he went through all the wiring and everything now works. supposedly the fuse box was all messed up and wires were wrong, causing my problem. he filled a safeway grocery bag of damaged wires and oddball shit from POs. truck runs but smokes a little but it hasnt ran for more than 30 seconds so we'll give it time. got a missing marker light and oem shift boot as well today then dropped another 115 bucks on missing odds and ends..hoses, clamps etc. waiting on rear brake line and soft clutch line to arrive from rock auto. and woo another set of rallies, I like this almond color. shhould go great with the truck. ...SHOULD be done in 3 to 4 weeks. stoked as fuck

• Like 2

the truck runs tits. waiting on rear brake line from rock auto. need a filter set up for the 32/36, and lug studs and plates/tags and the shitbox 521 will be ready to roll. Phil did a killer job on the wiring. shit looks stock. grandma was happy to see it out of her driveway Im sure

20160426_141525_zpst9q6kkho.jpg

• Like 4

I like stock new painted white wheels and hub caps with stock size tires so it looks lower.

The 15 will look good also but you need to lower the truck more to fill up the wheelwell space.  I don't want any lower than 3 inch. Just more practical for jacking and bumps

So to me it will look lower with the stock rims and tires. I run Cooper trendsetters 195/75 14 with a small whitewall but little harder to find them tires now in white wall is seen blackwall. Be honest ai thought theymake them in whitewall one side and balck wall the other as its a unidirectional tire.   Mine was made in USA.  Simpletire.com has them listed with white wall but 80$ a tire and say Cooper deMexico. so maybe they outsourced them already/ The cheap brands they have Im sure all are china and mixed write-ups.

Maybe not a popular tire size so they outsource them out now.

• Like 1

Nice score on the truck. Done some nice strong work there. You just never know what you'll find in the old wiring once you jump into it! My vote is to leave the stock wheels on there and run it as is. Truck looks bada$$ all the way round. Also, nice score on the bumperettes. Been looking for some forever now, but can't find em.

• Like 1

Thanks man. i just hope the paint doesnt peel on the cover, but Im sure it will.

and yeah the rallies are heavy as fuck but Im not gonna be racing or anything so fuck it. they were fine on my last 521. I am however keeping my eye on a website where you can get jdm tyte wheels for dirt cheap shipped here. but nothing I feel worth pulling the trigger on yet

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I took it for the first drive tonight. Turned around halfway round the block because the exhaust fumes had me light headed. But everything works and it runs great. All I need now is

Mk1 lip

Rear shocks

Patch rusthole

Exhaust

Door cards

Tags

So excited. I'll see yall at Canby.

20160528_214206_zpsklrzwckd.jpg

• Like 3