I got another one..

Royal Sierra

about those 4x4 springs- I'm assuming 720 4x4 rears? Do yours have those little stacks of what looks like pieces of leaf spring at the ends of the bottom leaf? Anyone know what their purpose is? They look expendable to me

Yeah 720 4x4s. I have them. I was told you remove those smaller leafs when you install them on the truck. Havent heard that from anyone else so I cant say for sure. I havent gotten around to them yet since Ive been busy with another truck.

• Like 2
  • Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used the top 2 leaves of the 4x4 leaves and the bottom 2 leaves from 1980 720 2wd leaves.  I had to have my brother redrill the centering hole in the top 2 leaves to center my rear axles in the wheel wells.  They were off 2 1/4" from my stock 520 springs.  The 4x4 springs were from a 1985 King cab 4x4.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe it is just me, my computer has went down/locked up twice in the last month, Windows would not load, both times it gave me the option to refresh(restore) the computer back to day one specifications(keeping my photos) which has an early EI browser, the first time I downloaded Google Chrome and the computer continued to run hot and it only lasted a couple weeks before I had to refresh/restore it again, this last time I just used the EI browser the computer came with, it runs way cooler, I am waiting to see how long it lasts this time without the Google browser(I am at 10 days now), but I am using an unsupported browser, this is what it says,

"You have been redirected to the basic HTML version because this browser is not supported"

This may be why I don't see your photo. :(

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...

Figured I should update after 5 years. I still have it. Added moar loar, high volume oil pump, koyorad radiator, port matched offenhauser intake, and lots of other goodies. Sent my valve cover to a lowrider shop to be done up. Abarth steering wheel blah blah blah. I love this truck. I got to take it to Harold before he passed. He was the guy who gave it to me. He was stoked to see it running again and asked me give her the beans when I drove off so he could hear it. I asked him for a picture with the truck and he said that it was an odd request lol. 

FB_IMG_1655599994345.jpg

FB_IMG_1655600020493.jpg

Screenshot_20220618-175251_Facebook.jpg

FB_IMG_1655600226629.jpg

• Like 5
23 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

That valve cover is sick. I'm afraid to ask what it cost to have that scroll work done.

It was only $400 including shipping. Pretty reasonable for the time that goes into it as its all done by hand. They even sent me a video of it while a guy was engraving it. Krazy Kutting down in Arizona did it.

• Like 4