DATQUICK DATFAST DATSUN!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to pound out some dents in fender, weld up broken hood hinge new wheel cylinders and rubber break lines, brand new bleeders and shoes front back with hardware kit, just bled clutch after 5 speed swap, bottom heater core hose finally gave out and left me nice puddle on pass side, new adjuster covers new shocks struts bushings and foot pedal covers and hood rubbers new master cylinder

• Like 2

I have a charge light on brand new battery and alternator what is the problem ? Should I run ground from alternator to body or frame ? What do i do with the black and white/blue striped wire that was connected to regulator before I did ir swap,? Is this why my charge lights on ?

Another big dilemma is inunplugged my choke resister relaynor whatver and I have no electric choke on my truck so its just unpkugged , would that be a reason for my charge light ?

I have a 79 280zx 5 speed that has been in it worked great all gears I swapped motors few times used this tranny worked great every time, this motor swap , nope I put it in and wpuldnt go into reverse won't even grab any hardly its like something is blocking it bent or broken, soo yayy back out with motor , and stock 4 speed goin back in until I find another 5 speed just like it or fix thisone, which I know nothing about transmissions so I doubt that will happen

There should be a ground to the alternator. It's been a while since I've done the swap though so I don't remember how exactly it's wired up. 

This thread may have some answers. :)

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/69-90-amp-bolt-in-alternator-on-an-l-series-motor/

Too bad about the 5-speed.