'74 610 Project/Daily

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Got the rear brake adjusters on, and everything in the rear brakes seems squared away. Decided to go ahead and bleed the rear brakes while I was there with very little luck. Not getting very good fluid pressure at the bleeders in the rear. Pressure is decent up front, but not out back. I think this master cylinder may be toast. I had planned swapping to a bigger one later anyway, just looks like I'll have to go ahead and do that now.  :wacko:

Fyi the 280z brake master doesn't fit the 610 booster, maybe some other users can chime in but I think the zx bolts in with no issues

Got the rear brake adjusters on, and everything in the rear brakes seems squared away. Decided to go ahead and bleed the rear brakes while I was there with very little luck. Not getting very good fluid pressure at the bleeders in the rear. Pressure is decent up front, but not out back. I think this master cylinder may be toast. I had planned swapping to a bigger one later anyway, just looks like I'll have to go ahead and do that now.  :wacko:

Got the tank back in, but it looks like in the past they may have had the lines hooked up wrong? It appears the feed was hooked to the return on the engine and the tank return was hooked to the feed side of the pump? Need to sort that out ASAP. 

And the hitch is gone! This stupid thing weighed 37 pounds. All cast iron.   :confused:

day_3_001.jpg

Looks like a cross to use for all the old parts you pull off of Datsuns  :devil:

The rear most part of the master cylinder where the push rod goes into is too long, so it hits the back of the brake booster not allowing full engagement of the push rod... I shaved mine down with an angle grinder to get it to fit but I was in a pinch and consider it pretty ghetto...

Why does the 280Z not fit? 

It is in the mounting. The 280ZX brake master cylinder bolts to the adapter and then to the stock 610 brake booster. The 280Z booster WILL NOT bolt with an adapter to the stock 610 brake booster. I am running the 15/16 280ZX brake master cylinder and 280ZX adapter with no issues.

It is in the mounting. The 280ZX brake master cylinder bolts to the adapter and then to the stock 610 brake booster. The 280Z booster WILL NOT bolt with an adapter to the stock 610 brake booster. I am running the 15/16 280ZX brake master cylinder and 280ZX adapter with no issues.

Where do you get the adapter to attach a 280ZX master cylinder to a 610 booster?

I might need to put a 280ZX master cylinder in my 710, since I just put in the 280ZX struts/brakes.

Where do you get the adapter to attach a 280ZX master cylinder to a 610 booster?

I might need to put a 280ZX master cylinder in my 710, since I just put in the 280ZX struts/brakes.

When you pull a ZX master cylinder, there is an aluminum adapter that comes off of the ZX booster - fits the 610/710 booster perfectly. 

• Like 1