• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

straight from my 76 fsm 

5ac667bb-79bb-4044-9396-b3ba36fb380b_zps

they also call for "high octane" fuel

4e3f7a64-f8c9-4ec2-b617-82ead29bd096_zps

i still think these numbers are wrong however cause i have seen my car take a little more then 60 at ~3.50 a gallon

and LMFAO at 27 mpg im getting MAYBE 17 

My 610 tank will take 12 gallons after pulling into the station on fumes. I don't know where the other 2.5 gallons are supposed to go..

17gal? You NEED to do something about that.. my 720 4x4 with an LZ23 running pig rich gets that.

thats the issue my weber is jetted for sea level and im now at 4500 feet i even had it tuned a little rich down there i dont want to tune it though because im gonna put my su's on it soon

Well... Not so much...   ^_^

photo50.JPG

I am truly surprised, and stand corrected. By April, they should have genuine park benches. The law took effect for the '74 model year, and this car is clearly made in the '74 model year. Added later?

Maybe one of you 610 guys has seen this , with tank out of car looking through filler neck ,you can't see drain hole  due to baffles ,I have not seen those in smaller 510 tank, when you look inside , just something I noticed when welding 3/8 bungs in center rear of tank ,Maybe 610 is a later design of tank for early EFI .

I am truly surprised, and stand corrected. By April, they should have genuine park benches. The law took effect for the '74 model year, and this car is clearly made in the '74 model year. Added later?

I think just a few '74 models still had the older-style chrome bumpers - with big rubber bumper guards and shock absorbers added. My 710 has a door tag from 1/74 and it has the non-park bench chrome bumpers too.

Hey, I was surprised too.   :P

And I was even more surprised it had these tail lights?

My previous 610 was also a '74 model  (Sept. '74 I think?) and it had the later tail lights and park benches. 

Very good point. I do not have a 74 Parts Book, I do have the '73 parts book (for obvious reason), and I cannot get an end date for those taillights and the bumper combination.

Hey man.  Just a heads up on the adjusters. The WD40 does good for loosening them up.  But it won't last long, especially when they heat up. The stuff will just dry out, and you'll be in the same spot before you know it down the road.

Take them apart, and put a little dab of grease on your finger, and a light coating around the moving parts (the adjusters that come in/out), then put them back in usually does the trick. DOesn't take too much.  I only use a little bit so excess doesn't come out, fall and get on the inside of the drum.