Got my B210 GX

roadkill2525

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The new front suspension parts are 510 pieces.

Techno Toy uses Koni short stroke adjustable race units on their 280ZX coilover conversions, I'm sticking with the stock strut casings.

As for pictures I'll do what I can since I go to the mechanic after work to help so stuff may already be done while I'm working.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When the manifold gasket was replaced before the manifolds were bolted together and then to the head, they weren't lined up because you can feel a difference in the level of the manifolds.

The mechanic had dropped off with his machinist, it's been welded and surfaced. The exhaust manifold will be surfaced as well.

afracer, it is a '78 California model so I can't do much of anything without being failed for smog visual inspection.

These are like the '75-'77 L20Bs. The intake is bolted to the exhaust for warming. I would think you would bolt the manifolds to the head first then clamp them together. Yeah, if they don't line up flush together the bolt will try to bend the manifold. Ouch!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2018 at 10:43 PM, roadkill2525 said:

When the manifold gasket was replaced before the manifolds were bolted together and then to the head, they weren't lined up because you can feel a difference in the level of the manifolds.

The mechanic had dropped off with his machinist, it's been welded and surfaced. The exhaust manifold will be surfaced as well.

afracer, it is a '78 California model so I can't do much of anything without being failed for smog visual inspection.

Sure you can, move away from communist California and mod to your hearts content.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking at doing the clutch soon, haven't found much for the 63 series 5 speed.

Will the 24 tooth clutch kits for the 200SX's 63 series work for the the B210's?

Don't know if there is different dimensions between the bellhousing on the A and L series equipped with the 63 series transmissions.

2 hours ago, roadkill2525 said:

Looking at doing the clutch soon, haven't found much for the 63 series 5 speed.

Will the 24 tooth clutch kits for the 200SX's 63 series work for the the B210's?

Don't know if there is different dimensions between the bellhousing on the A and L series equipped with the 63 series transmissions.

The L series bellhousing is bigger, I want to say off the top of my head the A is 160mm and the L is 180mm disk. You need the actual correct kit with a 24 tooth A series clutch disk. Be aware the pilot tool is also specific as the pilot bearing is smaller on the A series even though the tooth pattern is common between the L series (my clutch kit from Rockauto came with the wrong L series one). I haven't confirmed it but I have heard the rumor the A series 24 tooth clutch disk was also used for the JDM L14.

Rockauto carries the correct clutch kit:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,1978,b210,1.4l+l4,1210824,transmission-manual,clutch+kit,1993

Edited by Dguy210