POST Craigslist eBay ads here...

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What look to be a a very solid set of 521 fenders.   I would pay 150 shipping on them but its pickup only.  Aurora, Colorado, United States  

And he has a front bumper thats mighty respectable looking.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Datsun-pickup-521-Left-and-Right-Fenders-pair/254851591990?hash=item3b5656af36:g:KHkAAOSwAjlgFvBB

Someone gooooooooooo.

11 minutes ago, bilzbobaggins said:

What look to be a a very solid set of 521 fenders.   I would pay 150 shipping on them but its pickup only.  Aurora, Colorado, United States  

And he has a front bumper thats mighty respectable looking.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Datsun-pickup-521-Left-and-Right-Fenders-pair/254851591990?hash=item3b5656af36:g:KHkAAOSwAjlgFvBB

Someone gooooooooooo.

Might be the start of a mod to fit 410 or 411 fenders . I  have a personally modified 521 fender on my 411 and dare anyone to tell which one it is .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124561517231 

s-l1600.jpg

Reserve not met @ $7300 - At least the people outside of BAT seem to be reasonable with their expectations and what they are willing to pay for a car... Given the few pictures there were... I would have been very interested in this car @ $5-6k, but add in $1500 shipping and not so much. I figured the reserve on it was likely north of $10k which it seams it may have been.

Edited by demo243

I am the seller and this car has a lot of DP. parts from a shop in Huntington beach and a comp trans  , you saying 5-6 is what a stripped shell cost at this time , had very little rust by the way a Cal car all its life . I have a clean 2dr  roller no int no motor, bumpers barely small rust in front floors . will let go for 5k .Good luck .Not mad just saying reality .

5 hours ago, hosestop@msn.com said:

I am the seller and this car has a lot of DP. parts from a shop in Huntington beach and a comp trans  , you saying 5-6 is what a stripped shell cost at this time , had very little rust by the way a Cal car all its life . I have a clean 2dr  roller no int no motor, bumpers barely small rust in front floors . will let go for 5k .Good luck .Not mad just saying reality .

I wont argue that this looks like a great base for a build --- But here is my reality as a buyer looking at your auction. 

When I look at the photos posted in the auction, all it does is bring up more questions and unknowns - I see a messy engine bay (messy wiring, cracked fuel lines, carbs that probably need a rebuild) which means I'll need to at least tear down and reseal the engine if not rebuild it. Also means all new hoses, fuel lines and brake lines, probably master cylinders at that point too. I see that its probably going to need tires - and wheels as well since two of them are cracked as mentioned. I have to assume its going to need new brakes, potentially new strut inserts. I can see some rust as pictured, but also notice a lot of surface rust in the engine bay and around the edges of the floor inside - this leads me to wonder what I cant see... (trunk, inner fenders, underside).  I see its going to need new seats and harnesses.  Then I start to wonder what type of roll bar is in there, is it going to need to be replaced? What does the dash look like? You say working gauges but dont even show a photo of them. What fuel tank is it running -stock or cell in the trunk? ... 

As someone looking to build a dedicated track car (which I am) I see at least $10k that needs to go into this car to get it to the bare bones track prep. Thats not including any body/paint work or labor - AND thats assuming the engine is actually good and a good chunk of the suspension/DP/race goodies are still usable. To get it to an actual race level one would probably $20-30k without paint/body/labor; maybe more.

So for me - this is a roller. 

Thats the reality of it from a buyers perspective.

I am actually a bit surprised this didn't go higher or sell (although I don’t know what the reserve or you asking price is), but my guess is most buyers thought exactly the same way I did and weren't willing to take the risk. A few minutes cleaning things up and taking a bunch more quality photos and its possible the outcome could have been different. 

I guess I am just arm chair quarterbacking this from 3000 miles away... Good luck with the sale!

Edited by demo243
  • Like 1