So, I bought this goon ..........

Well, I said I had to have it....and now I do. Weekend before this one I went down to see Datsunfreak and check out the wagon he had for sale...and bought it.  Went this weekend and picked her up.  Great guy, great deal.

It is a little over 600 miles one way between his place and mine so I put in 2400 miles over the past 2 weekends and well...alot of hours behind the wheel.  Right now I have no idea what direction I am going to go with it.  The one sure thing.....gonna make her at least good enough to drive around the block( it has been 25 or so years since I have driven a goon).  Then I want to get her good enough to make the Williams show in AZ this October probably in the diamond in the rough category as I really don't think I can get her done completely by then.

Oh, shut it ya'll let me see if I can get some pics off PB

1368921158665_zpsb9407fef.jpg

whaddaya know it worked...here we are trying to outrun a Texas storm.

1368992525868_zps2b3e90c4.jpg

at home in the garage

1369054606079_zpsfc1523bc.jpg

Tucked away in the garage with her new siblings....green one goes to get blasted tomorrow and then off to body and paint......I should really update the thread on that one now that I think of it.

Edit: Texas storm pic fix

wooLy7V.jpg

At home in the garage pic fix

k7NXxbP.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, yeah the blue is staying.  I really wanted a white one but after sitting in the garage drinkin beer, smokin cigs, and just lookin at her, I have decided this is one sexy bitch.

Alittle more info.  It has the power train out of an 80 200sx so...Z20E motor, 5spd, and the rear end too so we have disc brakes on the back.

• Like 1

Oh, come on, we all KNOW those are contacts anyway (I keed)

The paint is a late model Dodge color....Electron Blue...I think

• Like 1

I was sad that John sold the goon before I got to see her in person. I'm happy to see she stayed in the Ratsun family.

It looks like an awesome car. If that's a diamond in the rough, then my goon is a piece of coal in the wastewater treatment plant.

I love the car. Be good to it.

• Like 1
Guest roseyroseyrose

Oh, come on, we all KNOW those are contacts anyway (I keed)

The paint is a late model Dodge color....Electron Blue...I think

i fucking wish i could afford contacts! wanna buy me some? id be forever grateful, in an online ass kissing, post supporting kinda way.... :ninja:

• Like 2

The diamond in the rough category (at least for the Williams show) is defined as the car with the most potential.......wait I may be wrong....it could be defined as the roughest Datsun with the most potential.......I may need to rethink my position, this girl ain't all that rough.  I could put in the 510 category but if Datrod brings his....I'll get my ass kicked.

• Like 1

Bwahahahaha.......no

looks purty tho

1369158792021_zps6fe6e2ac.jpg

took the hood off today so I can start taking the EFI stuff off to send back to Datsunfreak...watch all the young kids are gonna call me stupid, well, they would be right I"m going carb

1369166690785_zpsf44b79c6.jpg

1369167232554_zpsf53f6a49.jpg

Little issue with fitting the rear calipers but not to worry, I am very certain I can fix that with a grinder B)

Didn't get too far today and gotta start a new job tomorrow so maybe this weekend I'll move a little more

• Like 1

Ok, I'll lower it.....I'll handle the rear end you can take the front.....cuz you know how stupid I am.

Datsunfreak: I will have to see what I get done this weekend.  Just found out at the new job we don't have Monday off.....effing communists

• Like 2

Well the rear calipers are installed...little grinding...little cutting

1369613067838_zps77c15dbc.jpg

And for ease of moving a car around your garage.....dollies are well worth the money

1369606319391_zps3799931a.jpg

• Like 3

Well, Mannyvig pointed out to me that the bleeders are now on the bottom of the caliper so I need to use a pressure type bleed system.  I am also thinking about another set up all together......ideas anyone.

Datsunfreak: I see what you mean about the ebrake cable but I think it may just be the angle from which the oic was taken....just went out and looked at the passenger side and there is plenty of room.

• Like 1

Well, Mannyvig pointed out to me that the bleeders are now on the bottom of the caliper so I need to use a pressure type bleed system.  I am also thinking about another set up all together......ideas anyone.

I'm in the same boat with my 1200...   :rofl:

My current plan is to unbolt the caliper, slide it around to the "top" of the rotor, bleed it while holding it up there, then slide it back down and bolt it on.  :thumbup:

Of course you have hard metal lines, so... 

Can you swap the caliper itself to the other side? Not the whole carrier/ebrake assembly, just the hydraulic bit in the center? Otherwise, yes. It's probably time for high pressure power bleeding. Now I see the reason why they wouldn't fit when I tried to mount them. I had them opposite of how you do, with the ebrake bit facing down. 

• Like 1

Moving the guts is a good idea, and yes, I did attemp to mount them with the e cable facing down and just out of frustration swapped sides.  Really liking the idea of swapping the guts....I am sure I could jack that up like no ones business :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1