Black 510 project

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Car went down to get the exhaust made. Stainless 2 1/2 inch pipe. Same shop also doing the air charge cooler pipes.

No photos of exhaust yet but here are a couple of some other items.

Its on the movePART_1385404369232_IMG_6684jpg_zps780026

went with 2 small brake master cylinders.PART_1385430000122_IMG_6947jpg_zps2e2c21

Cool guy brake reservoir

PART_1385496985830_IMG_0998jpg_zps7ba42b

Its getting there. .

• Like 5

The masters are from wilwood.http://www.wilwood.com/Images/MasterCylinders/MasterCylinder_Photos-Large/compact_remote_combo_mc-lg.jpg

I will also be running the mesh wheels. They have the street tires on them. The centerlines are the same wheel I had on my first 510 as a kid. They have the nitto nt01. Always nice to have options. Trying to arrange getting this tuned in January or February of the new year.

Then I will start hanging out in vons parking lots at night. Just got to wire up some neon lights. Be like the 90s again. Haha. .

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Awesome awesome build going on here man! Please update frequently! It's great to see this content. I'm in San Diego as well, and doing a 2nd phase of my sr20det powered 510. Actually seeking stock location fuel cell ideas which is how I landed on your thread! LOL

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been working on the wiring for the engine. What a mess. As I mentioned before running an AEM on this I ordered a new terminal and connector kit from wiring specialty. Going to re terminal the entire harness at the computer. Switching from maf to ait and map. Also received aluminum driveshaft from the driveshaft shop. Got alot to do yet but hopefully it will run soon!

My latest achievement. 20140419_084030_zpsly2gc7rx.jpgFactory throttle adjustment is still operational. Mounted pedal to factory pedal location. Just need to make a piece of aluminum to mount to firewall to mount cable. Utilizing lokar throttle cable also. 3 ft long.

What kind of pedal is that?