Black 510 project

So this is my 510 been going for about 6 years with a 3 year hiatus.Focused on it and determined to complete what was started.

First had to give her a bath.

20130427_191310_zps879ddf22.jpg

Starting from the back forward. Fuel tank,fuel pump and filters are mounted.

PART_1368232328455_IMG_8023jpg_zps740e8b

Battery flush mounted in the rear. Fuel filler in trunk. Battery cut off switch behind fuel door.

20130504_191606_zps57e51484.jpg

Random other pictures.

file-8_zps9f5cee2d.jpg

file-7_zps2e2ff0bc.jpg

20130428_090002_zps8e3b7452.jpg

I will post some more later. Alot to still get done. Wiring, engine, gauges, etc. I have been reading this forum for sometime. It has helped alot. thank you all.

• Like 3
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet the aeromotive setup. (Know the owners very well, have done logo/graphics for them)

I too am looking for a manifold for a ka... Trying to figure which ones will even fit.

Also LOVE the black... Look forward to updates

• 3 weeks later...

The motor is a double throwdown triple quadrajet 440 twin supercharged 6 passenger, 3 tires,etc etc.

Just kidding its another s14 Sr20det swap.

Loving this project. I didn't see you post what motor you're running in this. I assume it's an SR20DET, but thought I'd ask. Looks like a very well executed project. Can't wait to see it run.

This is lookin' BAD ASS, dude!!! :thumbup:

Black is nice....very hard to get perfect....but from the pics it looks like you've accomplished that.

I can't wait to see the finished product........

..........@ Canby. ;)

Application?

Building it for fun. Street, some track, and maybe a little drag racing?

My father in law bought this car brand new in 71. He tells the story of him being short by a couple of hundred bucks of buying a Z car. So he had to settle on the 510!

When I first met my wife. I remember walking in there garage and seeing this shape under a car cover. I asked her is that a 510? Yes, she replied. I knew right then I had to have the car!

I had one when I was a kid and loved it.

15 or so years later her dad and I had worked on it on and off. He offered to give it to us. It's been in my garage for 6 years. It's at a friends house now. He has been doing alot of work on it. He is very good at fabrication and great mechanical knowledge. Thanks Mark!

I don't think my father in law had driven it for at least 23 years.

I am really excited about him being able to drive it again. I think he will be impressed.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

WOW! That is a ton of gages in the middle of the dash. Kind of reminds me of an airplane cockpit.

The center location can sometimes make reading them at a glance harder. There are marine specialty shops that sell angled bezels to fit your gages. These can help provide a better line of sight to the gage from the driver's seat.

Here are a few shops I found online.

http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=258angle

http://www.pitstopmarine.com/index.php?cPath=12_54

12129-2-lg.jpg