Danfiveten's Preserved 510 (yes finally revealing)

P8300081.jpg

As you all know, Art passed away in december, well a while before that my dad purchased Arts 510, well i am purchasing it from my dad. Ive wanted arts 510 for years, and asked my dad if i could buy it, as he promised to art, ive promised to care for her the same way, to keep her preserved and in the same shape shes been in for the last 41 years. I loved art like a part of my family, id known him since i met him at a young age at the Shasta meet, and then every year at blue lake. He was a hell of a guy, and i want to do my part of preserving his memory by preserving and loving his car the way he loved it. To me its not a car, but a extension of arts soul, he loved this car, and it was important to him it went to a family that would take care of it. Figure i would finally announce it, i bring her home either this weekend or next.  Ive left some hints, and told a few people, know there will be some haters (there always are) but i just want it to be known, nothing on this car is going to change, to me my family is just the caretakers of this beautiful stock 510, i take care of it for Arthur. I know the purple 510 is going to get jealous though, shes been the only 4 door 510 ive ever owned, now this will be sitting next to her. let the stare down begin ;)  I think this is the most excited ive ever been to own a particular car, not only because of how beautiful she is, but because it was Arts, and he meant something to me. Some of these pics are over 15 years old, which shows how shes not changed over the years. 

Some more pics of the car.

Arts_ad_30027.jpg

Arts_ad_30019.jpg

Arts_ad_30026.jpg

Arts_ad_30023.jpg

Arts_ad_30010.jpg

• Like 10
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A Coworker of mine has more hours into this 510 that any other 510 that has came through his shop. Cool as help, but somewhat depressing to know how much of this car is nos parts and the hours into tracking them down.   It was kind of funny how once he found out I was into Datsun's, This was the first 510 he asked me if I knew about of course, I said of course I know about Art's Dime and the stories started about the work and hours he has into this car.  A beautifully well preserved ride Congtatz !!

Thats one thing i miss the most about art, the stories, no one will ever be able to talk about the car like he did, he had so many things he could talk about about the car. He knew every detail of her.

Here is the one thing i plan on doing to the blue car.  

http://www.kicker.com/pxi502

I hate am radio, and when on long trips i would like something good to listen to. Was talking to blane at outrageous audio (known him a while talk online sometimes) and he told me about thsi from kicker. It wires right into the power system, pretty much a standalone unit, can go right under the seat with 2 stand alone speakers under the seats, and plug right into the ipod. They can hide it under the automatic console so the ipod will slide under, and put the control unit right under the pass seat so i can reach and change songs and stuff, yet have everything hidden so nothing gets seen. I love it, doesnt go in the dash or anything. 

...ive promised to care for her the same way, to keep her preserved and in the same shape shes been in for the last 41 years.

Oh trust me as long as in my family, it will never, ever change.

Here is the one thing i plan on doing to the blue car.  

http://www.kicker.com/pxi502

Man, that didn't take long. Don't even have it home yet and already planning to fuck it up. So much for preservation.

• Like 1

Did you even click the link to see wtf it is. Seriously, its for stock cars to have a better stereo system, and the only thing that wires in is a power wire with the device and speakers  hidden under the seat. Honestly. Not like im cutting the dash for a double din or having them tap the stock stereo for ipod, i want something thats easy to remove and is hidden. 

So i guess me putting seat protectors over the back seat when i have to take the carseats and kids with me is fucking it up as well?

Well nvm on the kicker. Finally i found on ebay a decent AM transmitter (since everything is fm nowadays) exactly what i wanted in the first place, just plugs into cig lighter and uses bluetooth from my phone. Awsome sauce.  2 days and i get her, very excited, got insurance on her today.

• Like 1

Yah he passed away in december :(  And agreed on that, my dad gave me my 510 when i was 18, i was way to rough on it, i look back and want to slap myself every time for what i put her through back then.