BigBlack620's 1974 Datsun 620 Build Thread (first build)

Okay I've been doing a scattered thread on Facebook Ratsun for about a week or two, someone suggested I stop being fragmented and start a thread on here (not mentioning any names) Eagle_Adam, lmao

Since I haaaaate typing, I'm going to do part video for some of my posts.

So I probably should start with the history of this truck (as far as I know) She's an Oregon native moved out to California (not an easy move at all, Adam can testify to that) ... I bought her for X amount of money and had her shipped out by "Nick's Auto Transport" ... I don't curse much, but this was the most shittiest unorganized shipping company I've EVER dealt with ... First they said for an extra $75 they would pick it up on a Friday and I'll have it on Saturday, and this was on a Thursday ... So they finally sent a guy out on I believe Monday, and he barely spoke any kind of recognizable English which wasn't a problem until he told Adam that he was on his way but he needed help cause he didn't have a wench, hmmm ... Interesting a transport carrier without a wench ... Okay so I called the shipping company and asked what was the status on my truck, keep in mind I've already talked to Adam so I know it's still there ... They said oh sir it's in transit now, I said bullshit!!!! And gave her an ear full for the next 20 minutes ... So they sent another guy out, lo and behold he doesn't have a wench either so I think by this time it's Wednesday and the only way for me to have my truck loaded would be for Adam's buds to help the professional paid car carrier driver unload cars and load my truck on the carrier, classy! So I get my truck here, and I have to help him unload 1 car but first I had to go get my battery out of my other truck and jump start the car that was blocking my truck in (awesome) then help him push my truck a block to my house cause he claimed he couldn't park any closer to my pad

So after $625 for shipping here's a picture of her safe and sound out of the hands of "Nick's Auto Transport" with the sloagen "we won't steer you wrong" which should have been a red flag right there

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So in the morning I couldn't wait to check her out and take pics to see exactly what I'm up against

*Tailgate has considerable amount of rust, but I have another tailgate provided by the PO:

image.jpg

free screen capture

*floor is pretty bad on both sides, not flinstone style but will be some work to fix:

image.jpg

how to take screenshots

image.jpg

screenshot program

*battery area is gonna also need some work, not too bad but still some transplanting:

image.jpg

windows screenshot program

image.jpg

screen capture windows

*radio appears to be in great shape:

image.jpg

image hosting sites

*both doors inside and out seems to be in unbelievably great condition, super stoked about that:

image.jpg

how to take a screenshot on a pc

image.jpg

photo host

*bed in pretty good shape, haven't inspected the bottom yet, a little denting in the wheelwells might need a little hammering,

Not a fan of major bondo work

image.jpg

how to print screen on pc

*not a problem with the turn signals, I have always wanted clears anywho

image.jpg

how to use print screen

*love the original steering wheel (not really a fan of the GT's) I think I'll put this one on my 73' and get a 71' 240z steering wheel for this one along with the shifter knob

image.jpg

imagen

*L18 has to go, looking for a L20b bored to 2.3L or a SR20det

image.jpg

windows screen capture

*headliner looks good, so I'll be careful with it when it comes off, still not sure if I'm keeping it original

image.jpg

image uploading site

E937F092-94BB-43F5-B722-BEA6E2A8A5CA-149

860621BA-4090-4327-B221-FF927B89B7A8-149

9141EC94-B6E4-4EC3-9BA6-5636618990A6-149

C37465E0-E91E-427D-A89E-24D8BA49072A-149

B55798DE-F7C7-47DD-9F15-095A779EC309-149

DD0E7B9B-57F8-4CF8-9B56-4AB107CEBAEB-149

17B49A1F-7E64-4CEB-9BF8-E9A4C0369A25-149

F3007ACD-15D0-42D0-A1FF-3622A97EA09F-149

43C1DC4C-A68D-4BD1-A769-4E1CFD5C6B1B-149

and finally, the day she left me and went to you

19E98508-3425-49DB-AC57-83B79B62BF2D-271

or the day i dropped her off before the shipping company waited 3 more days to come get it, LOLZ 

• Like 3

and finally, the day she left me and went to you

19E98508-3425-49DB-AC57-83B79B62BF2D-271

or the day i dropped her off before the shipping company waited 3 more days to come get it, LOLZ

I KNOW RIGHT!!! It had to be 3 of the most stressful days of my life, they were getting me so mad!!!

• 4 months later...

Okay I promise guys I'll do better with updating this thread, it's now completely disassembled, except for the chassis ... It's ready for media blasting and primer, but I might be going in a different direction once again with paint. But I spoil it, I'll post some pictures of the early goings first. Oh and recently I've picked up a 73 datsun 610 coupe, so yes that will play a major part of the process speed and direction on this build, it was the Datsun I wanted and looked for before I even got my first 620. But I'm still on track for June 2014 :-)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...