Psycho Killer 521

Why the hell is everything on backorder?!?! Wiring harness will be another 4 weeks and the Tomei outlet won't ship until the end of March/beginning of April :mad: Still waiting on the clutch and flywheel to come in too. It'd be nice to drop the motor in this weekend. Oh mighty and smiting Ratsun gods, please deliver the parts I seek before this weekend. My girl will be out of town starting tomorrow (no v-day b.s. this year!!!) so some work might actually get done..... I really hope.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i just went through this exact situation last year. BTW, Tomei lists inventory thats in stock in the US and Japan on their website. It's buried a little. The Tomei cams I ordered came faster than they said they would and faster than some of the other parts i ordered state side.

Good luck my friend!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Updates, sure. Progrss is another question... :geek:  ha ha

Finally got all the parts in from the last order, went to make attempt 1 at installing the motor. Put on the flywheel, then clutch, all torqued beautifully.... forgot to put on the spacer plate for the tranny, can't do it with the flywheel on... took it all off, put on spacer plate on then flywheel and clutch. Next, pulled the old throwout bearing. Went to press in the new throwout bearing only to find it had a dent in the side and each bearing was catching on it. Looks like the teeth from the flywheel dug into it, more than likely my fault. Day: Over.

I odered a new bearing and got it a week later. Coming home from work that week there was a forclosure notice on the house, YEAY!!! My landlady decided she didn't want to pay her mortgage anymore. Cool.... Packing up the house and cataloging all the truck parts for the move to notice that both motor mount brackets have disappeared. Cool.... Next week I'll be ordering the brackets and mounts. The new place comes with a garage which currently holds 1/5 of a truck in parts, a Z32 subframe, my bike and all the crap I wouldn't take to my 3rd floor walkup. This weekend I'll be cleaning it out to make space for the truck to get back working on it again by the end of the month. Got a promotion at work and started going to night school for welding/machining so the last several months have been super busy. Going to get back on it soon though! maybe, I hope...

Pics will come this afternoon

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Got around to working on the truck again. Got some Falkens mounted on the wheels and ordered some discs for the front. 12" rotors and wilwood 4 pot calipers. I've been chasing clearance issues with the caliper and wheel. I need another .400 to clear the wheels so .5" spacers are ordered and longer lug studs. I'll still clear the front fenders. Ideally I'd get some new wheels, but these were already wrapped in phresh rubber so... no. Anyway

20160424_160337_zps6qratgbw.jpg

20160424_155751_zps0k57lnnx.jpg

Rear wheel clearance 

20160424_155911_zpsrsouqvvj.jpg

20160424_160130_zpsxpz6ehiz.jpg

20160424_160007_zpsn4h22ebe.jpg

20160424_160102_zpsu7kriwa5.jpg

Brakes vs Cat

100008_zpstyjsufdq.jpg

The bolt holes on the rotors are slightly larger than the bolts so I'll make some sleeves to center the rotor (possibly spacer). 

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

Let's play just the tip

20180603_161921_zpsmnaievot.jpg

Just for a second

20180603_174400_zpsv7xeydjy.jpg

Just to see how it feels

20180603_180939_zpsmtpdjslw.jpg

It doesn't fit as is. Pulled the transmission off and will be putting it in first tomorrow. Picked up a tranny adapter (ha ha) and will figure out its placement as well.

In other news I have the front brakes installed. Needed to make a few bushings for the spacers. Still not fully hooked up. need to pick up a master cylinder and probably redo all the lines.

20160512_164746_zpsgrsru3qb.jpg

In other other news I also got the Tomei ARMS M7960 tutbo, Haltec Platinum Sport 1000 ECU and ID1000 injectors.

20161210_211701_zpsgj1atjt4.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...