Gas Out 5-15-07

2eDeYe;7643'']Hydrogen....that is all...

in order to get the hydrogen you must use electricity to separate it from its buddy oxygen.. question is where do you get the juice...

as Michael Stipe said... "Its the end of the World as we know it.. And I feel fine!"

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hydro-electric disrupts the water supply for fish. Disrupts the food supply for the rest of us.

Wind-electric disrupts the air currents, creating problems for migratory birds, and slows down the wind that's necessary to cool down land masses.

Solar-electric, as long as it's on a building and not blocking light for plants is ideal... although houses themselves block light for plants...

:: shrug ::

Human beings simply consume too much energy. All of our machines and fantastic creations consume them even more; until we come up with a way to simply pipe energy up from the earth's core or something (like transformers and their Energon Cubes!), we're pretty much sunk.

Have you guys heard of Nicoli Tesla? He invented a way to power everything wirelessly. Look it up! He never got to try it because of big buisness. He idea seems perfect.

woah... I 'thought' of this once. At least the idea of it but figured it would be impossible. That does sound like the way to go. That way your car charges in the garage without even plugging it in. Maybe even have public chargers at every stop light? I dunno... not enough money left for that. Maybe just build them with our $300 billion deficit.

I like nuclear power. It's a tremendous amount of power considering the amount of resources it consumes. But the waste product... I think nuclear fall out is a bit worse than carbon monoxide. And that's where corporations cause the most harm, I think. Since making money is the goal, spending as little as possible on waste management is a secondary goal, so we get nuclear waste poured into concrete cylinders and buried.

Why can't people just be content to have a nice home-grown meal with their family and friends, and form closer relationships with their neighbors, and not need to consume so much energy?

I like nuclear power. It's a tremendous amount of power considering the amount of resources it consumes. But the waste product... I think nuclear fall out is a bit worse than carbon monoxide. And that's where corporations cause the most harm, I think. Since making money is the goal, spending as little as possible on waste management is a secondary goal, so we get nuclear waste poured into concrete cylinders and buried.

Why can't people just be content to have a nice home-grown meal with their family and friends, and form closer relationships with their neighbors, and not need to consume so much energy?

Amen.. And I believe that the home grown meals and close relationships will be a reality.. Albeit out of necessity... I like the way you think.. You would make a good neighbor..... And I do like your sculptures.. classic man.. classic.

Well... maybe they'll be a reality. I tend to be a little more cynical about the nature of society and the desire for people to be wealthy and powerful in spite of their own neighbors. The idea of home grown meals will quickly become a pipe dream as companies like Montsano are taking over more and more farmland. Genetically modified crops crossbreeding with natural crops are causing some irreversable problems, etc., etc.

But back on topic... gas-out day won't do anything. Just using less gas in general will drive down your costs because you'll be spending less money on gas. That's the sure-fire way to win that battle.

Have you guys seen who killed the electric car? It talks about charging an electric car with coal power plants and how it polutes less than gas. Check it out boys :D

As for Bush... the money that stupid fucker spent fight terrorism.... or wepons of mass distruction.... we could all have a electic car. Like they say in the electric car movie, why would they want alternative energy sources when there is billions of dollars still down there. I didn't vote for him and proud to say it :D

Have you guys heard of Nicoli Tesla? He invented a way to power everything wirelessly. Look it up! He never got to try it because of big buisness. He idea seems perfect.

Tesla also invented the speedometer.

When things went south back in 2001 just ask yourselves "who's watch was it on?"

We minted a coin the other year with a red poppy in the center and some of these coins ended up in the pockets of returning US citizens and military. So what did these paranoid dicks do? They send out an advisory warning of possible nano-technology spy wear.

If we keep going this site might be considered subversive by paranoid dicks.

Guest 510kamikazifreak
Tesla also invented the speedometer.

When things went south back in 2001 just ask yourselves "who's watch was it on?"

We minted a coin the other year with a red poppy in the center and some of these coins ended up in the pockets of returning US citizens and military. So what did these paranoid dicks do? They send out an advisory warning of possible nano-technology spy wear.

If we keep going this site might be considered subversive by paranoid dicks.

This is true

Big brother is watching somewhere

hey paranoid dick if you are out there

LOL_thumb.jpg

Some where a file is getting thicker on some of us and just opening on others. Welcome aboard lou. Ahahahaha Mine's thicker than your's Na na na na na!!

With the money we save not buying gas we could mail some nano-technology quarters to our Ratsun buddies down south!

That's my second choice, and instead of burying our spent nuclear material we could recycle it (which is known as creating weapons grade plutonium) creating even more power...

But too many people seem to think thats a bad idea. :rolleyes:

Solar power would be best, if everyone had panels on their roof electric power wouldn't even be an issue, but good luck getting someone to pay for that ;)

just piping in a bit, the only reason we have bush in office is nobody wanted a dingbat bat like gore in there. they're both werern't that good but ya had to choose the better of the 2. until we get better candidates this is what we have to put up with.

Oh, how quickly we've forgotten history. Gore won the popular vote, remember? The people actually wanted Gore, not Bush. Apparently, more than half the voting population DID want Gore in office.

Oh, how quickly we've forgotten history. Gore won the popular vote, remember? The people actually wanted Gore, not Bush. Apparently, more than half the voting population DID want Gore in office.

For some reason they stopped the recount though? I blame Florida's school system. Or who ever designed there voting systems.

Definitely the school system!! Cuts by politicians have produced a generations of voters that don't think for themselves. Schools just don't teach the students to think anymore. They are taught apathy instead.

Well I say fuck it, I don't care anymore either. In all my time I've never seen anyone worth voting for, ever! It's always a choice between two evils, the less worse. I'm going to spend my days hugging my Datsun!!