Just thought I would share my Colt project...

Just going to get it running, some coil overs and roll it for now. Then hopefully a 4G63 with some boost down the road.

Here it is when I picked it up..
64835_10200689402341527_1518654166_n_zps

After a was and wax!
223533_10200700148090164_2061901866_n_zp

Good news, drained all fluids, replaced starter and she fired right up! Took it for a parking lot cruise and seems to be doing fine. Pulled the carpet today and started to clean it out...
coltmotor_zps549634d7.jpg
coltlift_zps44cc99b6.jpg
coltfront_zps995fd0d8.jpg
coltback_zpsa6ba7295.jpg

• Like 10
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Im going 4g63 and a tremec trans, but it will take awhile to get all the parts lined up. Also want to get my suspension and rear end in order first so i can use the power lol

Big work today, clean valve cover and painted the steel wheels...
c23_zps0faa4830.jpg
c33_zps257b96dc.jpg

Couldn't stand the 4x4 look, so I put on a 3in block and cut some coils for the weekend!
35487_10200770842737486_2083737499_n_zps

Powder coated the trunk and hood, also painted the roof since there was some rust showing. Will wrap it soon. Also threw some new plug wires on it, the blue makes at least 10 more HP lol
cc3_zps326282bc.jpg
cc2_zps7f86fd2e.jpg
cc1_zps6039ac32.jpg

And here we are today, put some 17x7.5 wheels on some 205/40/17 tires. Still need to space the rear wheels out a few and get a little lower but its getting there. Can tell by the quote some of the classic colt guys love it lol

thats fucking horrible...

Thank you.

Few more pics, need to move the rear wheels out a touch, then when I get my coil overs down I can the ride height where I want it.

172_zpsd49162e8.jpg
173_zpsd1bbd16d.jpg
174_zps9aa24fe4.jpg

Like the stance. Wheels way too big.

And here we are today, put some 17x7.5 wheels on some 205/40/17 tires. Still need to space the rear wheels out a few and get a little lower but its getting there. Can tell by the quote some of the classic colt guys love it lol

Thank you.

Few more pics, need to move the rear wheels out a touch, then when I get my coil overs down I can the ride height where I want it.

172_zpsd49162e8.jpg
173_zpsd1bbd16d.jpg
174_zps9aa24fe4.jpg

My childhood friends mom had that exact year. We would roll it down the driveway every night and just beat the crap out of it.  Smokey Burnouts, Lawn Jobs, Nuetral drop, 4x4....... It never broke.

I like what you have done so far, looks cool. I like the Big wheels ;-)

My 1st gen is still forsale with fresh paint and new seats,hate to sell , but will get damaged outside in my yard with cover on it ,just want someone to finish and enjoy it ,Have a guy from PR. and a guy from Hawaii also int. no money yet ! rather sell to someone on here 2500 .DSCF1014.jpg

My 1st gen is still forsale with fresh paint and new seats,hate to sell , but will get damaged outside in my yard with cover on it ,just want someone to finish and enjoy it ,Have a guy from PR. and a guy from Hawaii also int. no money yet ! rather sell to someone on here 2500 .

Do you except payments haha

lol maybe we should take all our parts and try to get one done!

I have a lot more going on than just a engine swap lol. Just need to order up some hardware to assemble the long block and other small stuff for the engine accessories like alternator relocation, then the motor can be dropped in.

Go look on my ClassicColt thread, Willie, lots to be done lol.

I have a lot more going on than just a engine swap lol. Just need to order up some hardware to assemble the long block and other small stuff for the engine accessories like alternator relocation, then the motor can be dropped in.

Go look on my ClassicColt thread, Willie, lots to be done lol.

Ya thats why I didnt take mine apart yet, its all the little things that kill you, rear end drive line, struts, shocks, coil overs, cage, sub frame connectors, trans, turbo, fuel pump, pedal assm, clutch studs, pistons.......... Its going to be awhile lol

Finish my 5 lug swap today at least, but I'll still need camber plates lol. Yeah ice pretty much stripped it all the way down, except for interior door panels, headliner, and rear side trim lol. All electrical components are being swapped out (headlights, tail lights, column combo switch, ignition switch, chassis harness).

Getting the engine and drivetrain finished will put me about half way done lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...