DON'T Use Photobucket on Ratsun

Ads have been hitting my account hard for about a year now.  I was running an ad blocker and photo bucket went completely past it to the point if I ran the ad blocker on PhotoBucket photoBucket did not load because of the amount of popups running.

I only had two popups there, one of a camera, and the other that said go to the site in the top right corner, but the second one appeared every time an image was copied.

I am hoping they have shown other companies what not to do here.

• Like 1
  • Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not totally knowledgeable on this but I am on a site that you can download pictures directly from your personal computer. It sure is handy. I wouldn't like any system that allows members to store pictures here.  

• Like 2

Is there a chance that Ratsun will allow direct linking from our personal computers in the near future.  This would do away with the need for third party hosting sites.

You cannot directly link from you personal computer unless you set up a server, and then you most likely have to deal with your IP changing unless you pay for a static IP.  You can use something like dyndns that will automatically keep your IP updated via a little program running on your computer, but this is kind of complicated for most users, and your computer would need to be online 24/7 and have a decent upload speed.

• Like 2

Well, looks like Photobucket has jumped the shark. Now they wan't you to pay to be able to use them for a posting service. 

Some have reported that hey want something close to $300 for their service. 

Well, I am done with them and their shitty spotty service. 

Anyone have any recommendations on what to use?

• Like 3

Who can trust anybody anymore? Picture hosting sites gave me the willies right from the start. who owns what I put there? Like bullshit Adobe, everyone is looking for a recurring monthly charge angle. So I trust none of them.  Photobucket photos that I have stored there all exist in duplicate on my computer, just in case. I like this imagur site okay for now, but sooner or later, I won‘t. They will fuck it up, like everybody always does, sooner or later. Best to be self contained and self sufficient, like most Ratsunites all seem to be anyway.

What‘s that old back up wattage? Grandfather, father, son.

• Like 1

I belong to a few forums, MG, Nissan diesel, ect; they host the photos on the site/forum for a reason, so what has happened here don't happen there, the diesel forums owner asked me to not use Photolame and sited that eventually the photos disappear for one reason or another and the thread/post is then basically worthless and just taking up space without the photos.

Fact is I have published thousands of photos over the years, if you go to any of my threads on here now they are basically worthless and would be better off deleted as they are just taking up space, but the other forums I mentioned are unaffected, my photos are still there and always will be unless the owner of the forum deletes them.

There is not a mention of this on the mentioned sites/forums, they are talking about lists of ethanol free gas stations, spam, junking old computers, what to do with an old air compressor, they are not talking about the "good ole days" when they had photos in their threads, or being blackmailed by a bunch of scumbags.

This actually does surprise me at all, a few years ago they made a big change despite what the users of their service said, but then they mentioned a change was coming, this time they just changed it without notice, I suspect so they would not have to listen to there users or paid customers before anything was changed, maybe they thought everyone would just jump on when surprised so abruptly, well except for a few I suspect this change is going to backfire on an epic scale, I could be wrong though, would not be the first time.

• Like 2

I belong to a few forums, MG, Nissan diesel, ect; they host the photos on the site/forum for a reason, so what has happened here don't happen there, the diesel forums owner asked me to not use Photolame and sited that eventually the photos disappear for one reason or another and the thread/post is then basically worthless and just taking up space without the photos.

Agree on that wayno. We need this or something as good. A picture is worth a thousand words in explanation. Any post here with a picture is severely crippled now.

This comes on the heels of Google fucking up the search function.

• Like 2

You can host your own site and that's all well and good.. the problem is the app to upload pics from your phone either ease. Sure you can get an ftp app and do it that way, but then it become the bulk posting that becomes an issue. Maybe there is a Web app for that now too. Hm... anyone got ideas?

• Like 2

Guess I should go check my email or photolame.

EDIT: So, went and looked at some of my recent posts and my oics are still there.  Checked my email....got nothing.  Photofuket site was jacked so no log in.

• Like 1

I believe Photobucket is targeting users that 3rd party many pictures,  I myself like Wayno have pictures posted all over the web so my storade is at 23% but they are after the 3rd party posters.

$0.00 to $399.99 a tear = FUCKING FAIL!!!!

• Like 2

When you link a picture in Ratsun or any where else on the web from your photobucket account this is third party posting and this is what PhotoBucket seems to be targeting.  I posted lots of pictures from my PhotoBucket account and I beleive why I am one of the many people PhotoBucket now wants to collect $399.00 US a year from us.

I just finished pulling all my pictures down from Photobucket.  I think I will leave them on Photobucket just to take up space on their servers.  That is the least I can do for the asshole move PhotoBucket made.

I was going to bite the bullet and pay them $59.99 a year until I relized this only pays to remove the ads I still can not 3rd party post for this amount of money.

• Like 1