Photobucket & Ratsun

• Please log in to reply
464 replies to this topic

#461 mklotz70

mklotz70

Beelzebub

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,667 posts
  • Cars:'64 Fairlane wgn, '14 Kia Forte EX, '70 521(wife's), '72 521(mine)

Posted Yesterday, 07:04 PM

I agree Mike.

Mike why do you not load your pictures and videos to your Blues Hands site and not deal with them any more. Maybe your son and daughter could up load them for you.

I can do that....it's just a huge pain and with 9000+ pics.....I don't have much interest in doing it.  Everything I do now is on video and then on youtube.  

Don't have to be too bright to be me!! :D
Sadly, I prove this nearly everyday!!! :(
www.bluehandsinc.com
youtube.com/bluehandsvideo

#462 thisismatt

thisismatt

Senior Damon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Cars:'71 521, '69 521 donor

Posted Yesterday, 07:12 PM

As long as you expect free hosting, expect to get screwed.  Photobucket/etc don't make any money from advertising with 3rd party hosting...

I'm your huckleberry.

One jump ahead of the lawmen
That's all, and that's no joke
These guys don't appreciate I'm broke

#463 mklotz70

mklotz70

Beelzebub

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,667 posts
  • Cars:'64 Fairlane wgn, '14 Kia Forte EX, '70 521(wife's), '72 521(mine)

Posted Yesterday, 07:14 PM

I didn't know they had killed some pro accounts.

Mine was never touched.

Maybe I just lucked out.

I would have been pissed too.

But consider, things change, companies make mistakes, just look at the chevy corvair, or ford pinto. They killed people.

Facebook was sharing your personal info with anyone who paid them, and still are, that is how they make their money.

Nothing lasts forever, so what happens if flicker gets bought out, or just goes belly up?

Hmmm....now that you mention it......I don't think my links died, but I wasn't sure that I could see mine because I was always logged in.  Someone made an extension which I used for awhile, then chrome updated and it allowed the links to be seen.  They sent me an email saying that I'd be grandfathered with the current account until Dec of this year.  If I can renew at the same deal as I have now, I will...but it they expect me to pay much more, I'm just going to let it die.  I never saw any info that said the pro accounts were not touched.....so maybe I got caught up in everyone else grief.  Either way....their platform sucks now with all the ads on it and it's really frigging slow.  The video links are never good and the audio/vid sync is off on the ones I've checked.  There's been old threads I bring up that say the links don't work anymore.  PB changed something causing the link to die.  I have to go back and try to find it and relink it.  I know I never changed anything.  I don't really want to kill all the threads I've made and all the pics/vids I've posted, but there's no way I'm going back to using PB.  They cost me money......but if I post my content to youtube, I get paid.  

Don't have to be too bright to be me!! :D
Sadly, I prove this nearly everyday!!! :(
www.bluehandsinc.com
youtube.com/bluehandsvideo

#464 paradime

paradime

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,132 posts
  • Cars:72 510 SR20 2 door, 01, Acura MDX, Valocci Electric Motorbike.

Posted Yesterday, 09:22 PM

As long as you expect free hosting, expect to get screwed.  Photobucket/etc don't make any money from advertising with 3rd party hosting...

YouTube seems to have done alright without ads in their 3rd party hosting. Maybe a banner ad above picts would have been a less scam-ish way for PB to have made money?

36028318531_e4983e3724_m.jpg

The blocked list is getting bigger-but you were the first.

http://the510realm.c...php?f=3&t=15379

http://youtu.be/H4rYbyudrhA?t=55s  https://youtu.be/GZtp6PiFlTI?t=2s https://youtu.be/G4RjPtffZHI?t=2s

#465 thisismatt

thisismatt

Senior Damon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Cars:'71 521, '69 521 donor

Posted Yesterday, 09:59 PM

YouTube seems to have done alright without ads in their 3rd party hosting. Maybe a banner ad above picts would have been a less scam-ish way for PB to have made money?

Youtube videos have ads...

I'm your huckleberry.

One jump ahead of the lawmen
That's all, and that's no joke
These guys don't appreciate I'm broke